GDT: 2023-24 season game 58 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @6:00pm 2/27/24

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He’s cancelled
Yeah, that’s the problem with Frk. Definitely not that he’s been playing in the DGAFHL.

I’ll run you off my job if you don’t do what I say and you dig slower than my laborers.

The coaches can only get so much blame. They’re not playing the game.
Yeah sure. Why blame the coach for using his flaccid cock as the hammer to build the house?

• Haha
Reactions: LAKings88

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
And it’s just as likely he goes somewhere else and more of the same happens.
why would you be ok with that when you could give the guy the tools he needs to succeed and reap the rewards yourself?

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Does kaliyev just suck?
During his draft year, all they could talk about was how well he could shoot the puck but the rest of his game sucked.

So the kings in their infinite wisdom, instead of taking what was a lethal shot and try and give him a better arsenal, and put him in a situation to use it turned him into checker on the 4th line.

The guy had one hit one all over at the draft. And there’s nothing wrong with that if you put them in the situation to hammer goals on the PowerPlay and the odd shift in the offensive zone. Other guys have made a living out of it in the NHL. Kings just had to try and be different.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The only forward on this team with a lower shot percentage than Kaliyev is JAD. I get that Kaliyev is a symbol of what happened to other players, but the kid is supposed to have a good shot and he doesn't score. And it's not like he doesn't get PP time. It's not like they're throwing Lizotte or Lewis out there instead.

In overall shot attempts he's 10th. He takes lots of shots and doesn't hit the net. At some point you fail and succeed on your own merit.

Reactions: Shellz

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
why would you be ok with that when you could give the guy the tools he needs to succeed and reap the rewards yourself?
Maybe you have multiple times? Again I have no idea what’s happening behind the scenes. It’s not like he’s killing it out there? McClellan sucked and needed to go but it’s not like Kaliyev is showing anything on the ice. If he needs to play with good players to play he’s not good enough. Classic AAAA player.

Reactions: Shellz

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
So its fact that Calgary is blowing up their team?
Think only Hanifin has said he won’t re sign.
This isn’t complicated. You don’t ask a Ferrari to pull a trailer full of rocks. You don’t ask a dump truck to win the Indy 500.
The guy with the second worst shooting percentage on the team is a Ferrari? He’s at best a Fiat! Fix it again Tony!

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Think only Hanifin has said he won’t re sign.

The guy with the second worst shooting percentage on the team is a Ferrari? He’s at best a Fiat! Fix it again Tony!
I've heard someone describe new Dodge trucks as Mexican Fiats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad