2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It looks like there's going to be some musical chairs being played in the coaching ranks. Keefe is probably out in Toronto. If he's on the market does Dubas snatch him up and terminate Sullivan? Sullivan and Tortorella have history together. Is it possible that Torts brings in Sullivan in some capacity with the Flyers?
Only if someone wants Sullivan. Think that ship has sailed. Sullivan ain’t playing second banana to Torts, he going to want a lot of control. I think he’ll sit and wait for expansion.

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
It looks like there's going to be some musical chairs being played in the coaching ranks. Keefe is probably out in Toronto. If he's on the market does Dubas snatch him up and terminate Sullivan? Sullivan and Tortorella have history together. Is it possible that Torts brings in Sullivan in some capacity with the Flyers?
Sullivan would never give up the remainder of his guaranteed contract (even if fired he gets his money) and the Flyers would never pay him more than his salary now. He's not taking a multi-million dollar cut in pay to not be a head coach.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Marner - Michov - Frost - Farabee - Brink - Foerster is a pretty f***ing good foundation to build on.
what are you giving up to acquire marner?

frost - farabee are solid players every team has, nothing special. Brink we just dont know yet. Though likely nothing special either.

so to me that isnt that great of a foundation. also no center.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
what are you giving up to acquire marner?

frost - farabee are solid players every team has, nothing special. Brink we just dont know yet. Though likely nothing special either.

so to me that isnt that great of a foundation. also no center.
Sportsnet just ran an article where the pieces from the Flyers would be Laughton and Bonk. I know that's a pipe dream but that would be a no brainer.

Edit: Four Mitch Marner trades the Maple Leafs could consider

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Couts for Huberdeau? Bonk for one year of Marner? Are we going to run a team of nothing but wingers? :facepalm:

• Wow
Reactions: Larry44

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Marner is 27. He's someone you only consider bringing in when you're on the verge of contending and missing that final piece, not when you're building towards it.

By the team we're contending, he'll be a 30+ year old 2nd line winger while being the highest paid player on the team.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Marner is 27. He's someone you only consider bringing in when you're on the verge of contending and missing that final piece, not when you're building towards it.

By the team we're contending, he'll be a 30+ year old 2nd line winger while being the highest paid player on the team.
Agreed, no on Marner. Last thing they need, esp at $12.5M+ for extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad