2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Will they go after Walker or the RD who goes the furthest in the playoffs?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Farabee - Couturier - Konecny
Tippet - Frost - Michov
Brink - Cates - Foerster
Hathaway - Poehling - Lycksell
Gurianov

Sanheim - York
Seeler - Drysdale
Attard - Ristolainen

Ersson
Fedotov

Traded/demoted
Laughton
Atkinson
Deslauriers

That almost looks like a hockey team......

Walker back in FA? 5m, 4 years?
Farabee for an equivalent centre really makes sense too.

Guri went off back to the KHL I believe.

Laughton I think still has trade value. Atkinson can be traded at 50% retention for like a 5th or 6th rounder. Deslauriers should be shot into the sun.

Also, if you're running Cates as your 3C, you better find a better 3C. I'd rather have Poehling as the 3C over Cates.

The 2nd and third pairings are truly AWFUL and we'd basically be the Sharks next year like that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Guri went off back to the KHL I believe.

Laughton I think still has trade value. Atkinson can be traded at 50% retention for like a 5th or 6th rounder. Deslauriers should be shot into the sun.

Also, if you're running Cates as your 3C, you better find a better 3C. I'd rather have Poehling as the 3C over Cates.

The 2nd and third pairings are truly AWFUL and we'd basically be the Sharks next year like that.
Poehling played center ahead of Cates all year with Cates mostly playing wing, so I don't know why Poehling has been put back in the 4C slot.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Farabee - Couturier - Konecny
Tippet - Frost - Michov
Brink - Cates - Foerster
Hathaway - Poehling - Lycksell
Gurianov

Sanheim - York
Seeler - Drysdale
Attard - Ristolainen

Ersson
Fedotov

Traded/demoted
Laughton
Atkinson
Deslauriers

That almost looks like a hockey team......

Walker back in FA? 5m, 4 years?
Farabee for an equivalent centre really makes sense too.

Now that Walker has had a taste of playing for the Avs, do you think he would even entertain coming back to the Flyers? :laugh:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Charlie said on one of his more recent podcasts the odds of Walker coming back are probably slim. Essentially said the Flyers final offer can probably be topped on the open market & he doesn’t really see them going beyond that offer. It sounds like they don’t want to block Drysdale from top four/PP opportunities either.
Is Drysdale the most likely candidate for Torts’ next target?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I just worry that Brad Shaw is gonna be asked to interview for a head coaching spot and that we'd be left with Rocky and Torts

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I ¢an think of rea$on$ why he might ¢on$ider it.

Imagine the money they would have thrown at Niskanen to get him back. Now realize Walker is the new Niskanen. It has strong potential to be terrible. Heres hoping their perpetual cap mismanagement saves them from themselves.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Imagine the money they would have thrown at Niskanen to get him back. Now realize Walker is the new Niskanen. It has strong potential to be terrible. Heres hoping their perpetual cap mismanagement saves them from themselves.
Kind of tangential to your point, but when it comes to Walker, the question isn't will he be a valuable player for the majority of the next contract. I think you can look at his history and say that Walker is and will likely continue to be a valuable player for the next few years.

To me, the questions around Walker is just how valuable? This is the most impactful he's ever played. So, will he continue this level of play, and be a #3/4, or does he drop back down and play at his ~#5/6 level? Further, how much is going to make? Someone is going to give him #3/4-type money. This is his last opportunity for a big contract, so it's likely he chases money (I don't blame - get that bag).

I personally am not willing to pay Walker 5-6M/year for the next 6 years based on one season of a very good performance. It may turn out fine, but I'm not betting on a 29 year defenseman who had a career year on his contract year to continue that performance for the duration of the contract.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Now that Walker has had a taste of playing for the Avs, do you think he would even entertain coming back to the Flyers? :laugh:
Exactly. The guy wants to win. Why would he come here to be on a below average hockey team led by a jackass on the bench.

I just worry that Brad Shaw is gonna be asked to interview for a head coaching spot and that we'd be left with Rocky and Torts
I’m not worried. Good for him if he can get out of this shitshow

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes