2023-24 Professional Women's Hockey League (PWHL) News

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I get the tradition of leaving the celebration to the victors, but I found it odd - and a bit sad - that PWHL Boston left the ice last night after the final handshake line rather than stick around for what was most importantly a celebration of the success of the entire League's inaugural season. :(

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Surprised the Isobel cup hasn’t made an appearance. A passing of the torch ceremony for both trophies would be cool.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I know it is a hockey tradition, but I found it weird the way the Walter Cup was carried around. It's shape isn't like the Stanley Cup where it is conducive to raise it over one's head. It's more like the World Series trophy which is better suited to be carried.

I know I'm overthinking something trivial, but seeing an obscure shaped trophy on its side was odd. :dunno:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I know it is a hockey tradition, but I found it weird the way the Walter Cup was carried around. It's shape isn't like the Stanley Cup where it is conducive to raise it over one's head. It's more like the World Series trophy which is better suited to be carried. ...
I was just surprised that Kendall Coyne was able to lift it & not drop it. :oops:

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad