GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The thing that's worrying if you are Edmonton...with the score being what it is, which defensemen do you trust to be on the ice right now? Ekholm, with Ceci and Kulak being maybes.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I do think we've officially crossed the point where McDavid is getting the Conn Smythe no matter what, they could lose in 6 and no Panther has a good enough case to argue against it

Reactions: Chinaski89

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I do think we've officially crossed the point where McDavid is getting the Conn Smythe no matter what, they could lose in 6 and no Panther has a good enough case to argue against it
To put this playoffs into another newish perspective.

48 points in 55 games is the points in the playoffs by the so called best player in the league in his career (based on cap hit).

McDavid has 42 in 23.

Reactions: Kerberos

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
To put this playoffs into another newish perspective.

48 points in 55 games is the points in the playoffs by the so called best player in the league in his career (based on cap hit).

McDavid has 42 in 23.
Not to mention that's he's probably the most well-rounded he's ever been.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
There was a thread on the main boards discussing McDavid's ridiculous assist, and it was shut down because there was already a place to discuss it; the GDT. If any goal should shatter that standard...

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Insofar as I am rooting for anybody, I'm rooting for Edmonton, so yay, I guess.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
nah someone is going to be the hero in game 6 if they do take it, and win it.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
In watching some of the marketing work the NHL is doing for Florida, it makes me wish the Sharks would lean into the advantages they have more. If Florida can market the beach and driving to practice in a golf cart, why don't the Sharks market their warm weather, immediate access to both ocean and mountains, etc.

The trend with "young" workers is that they have option and prefer to flex them. The Sharks should recognize that and make SJ more desirable from an off-ice perspective.
Florida doesn’t have state income tax hence why it’s one of the most preferred destinations in the nhl. It’s California but without the theft of money.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Bizz

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Florida doesn’t have state income tax hence why it’s one of the most preferred destinations in the nhl. It’s California but without the theft of money.
Yes, but I was referring to this
There's no reason why the Sharks can't build and market this or something similar. You can very much overcome the no income tax thing by offering players a quality of life that they can't get elsewhere

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
There's no reason why the Sharks can't build and market this or something similar. You can very much overcome the no income tax thing by offering players a quality of life that they can't get elsewhere
Yeah cost and availability of land in addition to players living in many different areas of the SJ make this difficult. They could probably improve the quality of the Sharks practice facility since they are currently prioritizing using the space as ice for youth and figure skating.
Maybe if the Sharks build a stand alone practice facility but I just don’t know where they would find the available land.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
They still have way more legitimate NHL talent than we do, especially on defense

They have at least 3 D men better than anyone we will ice on the backend next year, I don't fear the Flames in the tank-bowl
Yeah, they need to trade Andersson if they're serious about tanking. But I don't know if that's what they're even trying to do.

Reactions: Le Grand Quebecois

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Yeah, they need to trade Andersson if they're serious about tanking. But I don't know if that's what they're even trying to do.
I really don't think they have a plan, they're kinda where we were in 2021ish where they really need to tear it all down but they have a bunch of bad contracts with big money and term going to veteran players on their non-playoff team but they haven't yet admitted to themselves their build is a failure

I think they're a couple more missed postseasons away from tearing it down and starting over

Reactions: DG93 and coooldude

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
In watching some of the marketing work the NHL is doing for Florida, it makes me wish the Sharks would lean into the advantages they have more. If Florida can market the beach and driving to practice in a golf cart, why don't the Sharks market their warm weather, immediate access to both ocean and mountains, etc.

The trend with "young" workers is that they have option and prefer to flex them. The Sharks should recognize that and make SJ more desirable from an off-ice perspective.

Area/regional amenities are often touted by convention/visitor bureaus.

Did the Sharks not do enough with the expansion of Sharks Ice to promote it? Largest public ice facility in North America. Etc.

(Just saw IG reel with Karlsson, Marchessault and former VGK Bellmare talking about Las Vegas/region, the good restaurants, etc.)

Edit

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Area/regional amenities are often touted by convention/visitor bureaus.

Did the Sharks not do enough with the expansion of Sharks Ice to promote it? Largest public ice facility in North America. Etc.

(Just saw IG reel with Karlsson, Marchessault and former VGK Bellmare talking about Las Vegas/region, the good restaurants, etc.)

Edit

Michelin star restaurants are disappearing from the Bay recently so there's that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad