OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Lol, when was this?

It's called False Equivalency. Somehow celebrating something positive in game (a sack) is somehow equivalent to dancing on logos and disrespecting the other team prior to the game. Even though no team has quibbled about Watt doing his sack dance, yet multiple teams were pissed that Juju was doing his tik tok. But yea totally the same thing!

For the uninitiated
A false equivalence or false equivalency is an informal fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency. Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
It's called False Equivalency. Somehow celebrating something positive in game (a sack) is somehow equivalent to dancing on logos and disrespecting the other team prior to the game. Even though no team has quibbled about Watt doing his sack dance, yet multiple teams were pissed that Juju was doing his tik tok. But yea totally the same thing!

For the uninitiated
A false equivalence or false equivalency is an informal fallacy in which an equivalence is drawn between two subjects based on flawed or false reasoning. This fallacy is categorized as a fallacy of inconsistency. Colloquially, a false equivalence is often called "comparing apples and oranges."

I mean @WheresRamziAbid generally over exaggerates, the rest of his points were garbage but I thought that point was funny even if no truth to it.

• Haha
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
To me, that's irrelevant to whether a Tackle plays the right or left side (QB handedness). Flipping sides as an Olineman has to be 1 of the most difficult things to overcome bc you're doing everything the opposite.
They drafted Jones to be the LT of the future they traded up for him and have called it his natural position they weren’t going to move 3 o line men around moore will be traded

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Lol, when was this?

Hang around more old white dudes.

To be clear its not a proliferated thing that catches on big picture but i know a number of people that will complain about literally any celebratory action.

For the uninitiated
Not what i said at all.

But your ability to comprehend sentences is a you problem not a me problem.

The Watt comparison wasnt even about the logo dancing. It was literally about agreeing with you about the crap Juju get not being racial.

But you would know all this.

1. If you could read
2. If you actually responded to me directly instead of talking about the conversation to someone else.

If you got something to say about a point i made , im right here.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It could be Fautanu is better at RT than Jones. He blocked for Penix who was a left handed Qb.
Understood, but the technique, not the play calling matters. He's used to sliding as a LT. He would have been a LT whether Penix was a lefty or not.

It does make sense to put Jones on the left though, even if he isn't technically a better prospect. He's longer, leaner, and more athletic to handle the best pass rushers. Fautanu can focus more on run blocking on the right side.

Reactions: Peat

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Our CB room are a bunch of massive human beings. If they can stay healthy, definitely some bully ball is going to happen.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
After watching this, I think Austin and Wilson are both going to have huge years. This is a system Kenny would have actually done well in.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Patrick Queen, but I worry they'll play him all 3 downs 100% of the time. Believe they need to take a closer look at Wilson being the cover backer.
If Wilson can stay healthy, he's definitely the better cover guys. Both of them can blitz. I'd like to see them do that again with their MLBs.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If that ILB room can stay fit, it feels like they can do a ton with it. Everyone can do everything. Even a guy like Elandon Roberts can drop okay into coverage or rush the passer (actually pretty nice stats in sparing usage).

Big difference from units where it felt like some guys couldn't do anything.

Reactions: JTG

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Apparently that episode was recorded before Aiyuk's meeting, which supposedly went well
151E153E-9FA2-4595-AE86-08042A7623A0.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Peat

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tbh I don't know why people aren't souring on Aiyuk over this drama with his contract. Is this really any different than what Heyward is doing about his contract extension?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think we’re looking at like a 3 year attempt here. Which is why if Aiyuk gets paid now it won’t matter when he’s a bitch later, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad