GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Can't help but notice less blue in the stands. I wonder why that is?

Also nice to see Brodzinski make a huge leap in his game in his D+11 season...
Some of my Rangers friends were taking credit for his development, i had to point them to his lengthy Hockey DB page lolol

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Pavelski shot 21% that season, and the metrics show he was pretty clearly in decline. I remember almost all of his goals were tip plays from Burns and that was basically all he could do at that point. I remember thinking that as upsetting as his injury against Vegas in the playoffs was, the team just wasn’t going to really miss him.
At one point I watched all 39 of his goals and counted how many he scored from tips and rebounds and it was more than 70% lol. It takes skill to get to those areas and get a stick on the puck, but he wasn't creating the plays, just finishing them.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Pavelski shot 21% that season, and the metrics show he was pretty clearly in decline. I remember almost all of his goals were tip plays from Burns and that was basically all he could do at that point. I remember thinking that as upsetting as his injury against Vegas in the playoffs was, the team just wasn’t going to really miss him.
OK, but this comes off very much as "they don't ask how many, they ask how".

Reactions: Sandisfan

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
PDB is very good at getting his teams to the playoffs, but never has them ready for that final leap. I was hoping to see Pavs lift the cup.

I'm taking The Cats in 6. I think Bob stays in God Mode and that The Oil need more that McJesus. Should be good hockey either way!

Last edited:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Florida is better at adapting and can beat you in a bunch of different ways. Edmonton plays a very particular style, driven by some generational talent, that hasn't yet been stopped.

I'm just waiting, perhaps irrationally, for Bobrovsky to have a bad series. It feels like he is always due for one.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Florida is better at adapting and can beat you in a bunch of different ways. Edmonton plays a very particular style, driven by some generational talent, that hasn't yet been stopped.

I'm just waiting, perhaps irrationally, for Bobrovsky to have a bad series. It feels like he is always due for one.
I’m waiting for Bob to have a great series he’s also due for one

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I try my best not to complain about modern music because I know I'm just getting older and pop culture has passed me by

But good God, Kid Laroi is f***ing terrible, I thought you needed either talent or charisma to get by, and he just has neither, what a miserable act, just no redeeming qualities

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
I try my best not to complain about modern music because I know I'm just getting older and pop culture has passed me by

But good God, Kid Laroi is f***ing terrible, I thought you needed either talent or charisma to get by, and he just has neither, what a miserable act, just no redeeming qualities
As a fellow music curmudgeon, I say complain away.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If this series continues like this, I'd honestly worry about Nurse's safety. Some deranged Edmonton fan is going to go after him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad