GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Can’t argue with that…

As good as the Sharks of old were, they didn’t have a lot of guys who were comfortable carrying the puck on their stick a lot, other than maybe Thornton. Guys like Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Heatley, etc. were more of the one-touch type of passer, crash the net and clean up rebounds.

Kinda why Hertl and Meier were pretty refreshing to me. Hertl especially could hold the puck for days and no one could take it from him. I was watching some highlights of the 2017-2019 teams and Hertl was just incredible for those two years. It’s a shame his prime was so short, because he was legitimately a good 1C during that period.
It’s too bad he couldn’t stay healthy. He might have been that for many years.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I was watching some highlights of the 2017-2019 teams and Hertl was just incredible for those two years. It’s a shame his prime was so short, because he was legitimately a good 1C during that period.
I truly believe Hertl would have been a 50 goal superstar 2-way center if it weren't for Dustin Brown, his scoring pop never recovered after he lost his speed burst, and at only 20 years old

So glad that POS is out of the game, the league is a safer place without him

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Bouchard with the giveway on the second goal, and now a terrible read on the third.

I guess it's going to be Broberg-Kulak's chance to bungle it in game 3!

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
It's amazing; no Barkov and look, McDavid gets a great look.

I don't like the Oilers right now...they are coming apart. Championship-caliber teams rarely do so.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don’t know what you’re talking about. :)

giphy.gif

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
This series lacks world-beating defenseman. But, it's showing how a great offensive player who is suspect defensively can be a bigger liablity than a solid #2 like Forsling.
You don't need an elite #1 anymore if you have good systems and depth. PIT proved it in 2017 and Vegas proved it again last year. FLA's depth is just better, defense and beyond.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Florida has so much more balance across their lines than Edmonton....plus Bob's playing out of his mind.

I picked The Cats in 6 but one game (or more) in Edmonton like the last two and it's going to be over in 4 or 5....

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad