GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
When I went to Game 3 in 2016, it was a pretty good Sharks contigent, and I would call Pittsburgh big market, at least with Crosby and Malkin. I don't remember the tank being overwhelmed with Pens fans.
Pittsburgh can't compare to Edmonton, which has more hockey fans per capita than it has people.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
If the Sharks were in the finals, would you be dropping $1500 for a single ticket? Be honest.

As soon as the Sharks won the West Finals in 2016, we booked travel to the Bay Area with the intention of attending Games 3 and 4 of the SCF. But by the time it came, Sharks were down 0-2 and we couldn't stomach the high costs to just watch them try to salvage the series. If they were tied 1-1 or up 2-0, we would have at least gone to one game. So we watched Game 3 at BWW in Fremont and Game 4 at SmokeEaters in Santa Clara lol.

$1500 per ticket is crazy, but depending on finances, yes for a Home Game 7 SCF. But probably not any earlier in the series. MAYBE a Home Game 6 if the Sharks are up 3-2.

Probably wouldn't for a Road Game 7. Too much risk of being surrounded by opposing teams fans celebrating their Cup win. As I always say for road games in general, the highs are so high, but the lows are so low. Not worth the risk of the lowest of lows to me.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I would. It’s a rare opportunity and worth every penny. Especially if they win. Memories that stay with you forever.
Hmm, well I certainly wouldn’t. That’s way too much money for a potentially devastating experience.

As soon as the Sharks won the West Finals in 2016, we booked travel to the Bay Area with the intention of attending Games 3 and 4 of the SCF. But by the time it came, Sharks were down 0-2 and we couldn't stomach the high costs to just watch them try to salvage the series. If they were tied 1-1 or up 2-0, we would have at least gone to one game. So we watched Game 3 at BWW in Fremont and Game 4 at SmokeEaters in Santa Clara lol.

$1500 per ticket is crazy, but depending on finances, yes for a Home Game 7 SCF. But probably not any earlier in the series. MAYBE a Home Game 6 if the Sharks are up 3-2.
The only Sharks playoff game I have ever been to was game three of the WCF in 2011 against Vancouver. Was incredibly fortunate that was the only game they won that series. But I hardly even remember it, the only thing I remember about the game was that Marleau scored a goal or two and one of the Canucks defensemen almost died (Edler? Ballard?) and we had to stand in silence for like ten minutes while they attended to him.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Hmm, well I certainly wouldn’t. That’s way too much money for a potentially devastating experience.

The only Sharks playoff game I have ever been to was game three of the WCF in 2011 against Vancouver. Was incredibly fortunate that was the only game they won that series. But I hardly even remember it, the only thing I remember about the game was that Marleau scored a goal or two and one of the Canucks defensemen almost died (Edler? Ballard?) and we had to stand in silence for like ten minutes while they attended to him.
I've been to two. Game 5 against DET in 2011 and...Game 7 in 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad