Trois-Rivières Lions 2023-24 Lions de Trois-Rivières

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
of course not , but it seems hard to keep an organization all together in Trois Rivières, i was just wondering if its this way everywhere in the league of if it is just here
It is, I mean you go to games and your team is facing new players each time a team come back. But it's good, fast hockey with good goaltenders (who are often left alone) and it's fun.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
of course not , but it seems hard to keep an organization all together in Trois Rivières, i was just wondering if its this way everywhere in the league of if it is just here

I think it’s like that everywhere

It is, I mean you go to games and your team is facing new players each time a team come back. But it's good, fast hockey with good goaltenders (who are often left alone) and it's fun.

On the management side, I believe it's usually a bit more stable than 1 guy a year.

For example, Idaho have had the same guy for 3 years now and he was assistant coach before.

Seems to be a repeating pattern at a quick glance, AC for 1+ year then HC/GM for 3-4 years.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
On the management side, I believe it's usually a bit more stable than 1 guy a year.

For example, Idaho have had the same guy for 3 years now and he was assistant coach before.

Seems to be a repeating pattern at a quick glance, AC for 1+ year then HC/GM for 3-4 years.
I hope it will. If Choules has some success, I see him stay. But it's not looking bright for Deacon sports right now, so I understand why some of these guys need more stability. If the Lions get a local owner, then it will anchor the team in the community and we will get a stable management team.

Reactions: biblihockey

biblihockey

Mar 15, 2022
Shawinigan
hockeyblog.me
I see, so they are not looking for investors but they will not comment if they find one or get into tractations :D I

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Choules' first move as GM.

3R had qualified Welsh, but hadn't signed him.

I think the only player they haven't signed that I hope they do sign is Ryan Francis. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's signed anywhere and I don't think he went to Europe.

Last edited:

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019

I think the only player they haven't signed that I hope they do sign is Ryan Francis. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's signed anywhere and I don't think he went to Europe.

Agree, Francis was one of the few good surprises last year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just a follow up on Welsh, he's already signed with the Railers for next season, leading me to believe this deal and signing had been done already, only the official announcements were made today.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

Since it is so late already, my guess is he will be playing Canadian University hockey. Players in the CHL get one free year of study for every year they played. The catch is they have one year to make use of it or they lose the right to the free education. That is why you see many players play one year of pro and then play university if they don't see their pro prospects of being good. That he couldn't get an NHL deal probably helped with the decision

Reactions: Adam Michaels

biblihockey

Mar 15, 2022
Shawinigan
hockeyblog.me
Hello, if you speak french, listen to la poche bleue with Eric Belanger. He explains how he has decided to leave the lions :

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad