2023-24 James Norris Memorial Trophy finalists: Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Cale Makar | Winner: Quinn Hughes

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ngl was hoping for some Weegar love. A fifth place vote or two.

And no skjei votes? Come the f*** on. We all know who was the better dman in the playoffs when it mattered.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Well deserved.

Hughes was the best defenceman in the league. Proud of his constant desire to improve and general development as a player. Incredibly likeable too as a person/player.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The amount of improvement we’ve seen in Hughes in the last 3 years is staggering. There’s some great genetics and drive in that family. Crazy to have 2 kids like that all become big stars and a third looking to join his brothers as well.
Kudos to the voters who even got the top 3 right.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Great regular season. Brutal playoffs though.

Makar,Heiskanen,Josi,Forsling,Hedman and Fox have proved they can carry their teams in the playoffs too. Although i'm, not overly impressed by Fox. I don't count Hughes to be among these defensemen until he shows that.
He’s not built for playoff hockey

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Great regular season. Brutal playoffs though.

Makar,Heiskanen,Josi,Forsling,Hedman and Fox have proved they can carry their teams in the playoffs too. Although i'm, not overly impressed by Fox. I don't count Hughes to be among these defensemen until he shows that.

He wasn’t as good as the regular season, but calling it brutal is ridiculous. 58.5 xGF% when he was on the ice 5v5, had 10 points and only was on for 5 goals against 5v5 in 13 games. He looked worn out in the last two games though so that’s all that people remember.

Last edited:

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
That's some fine work, Stanley!!

1719536126554.png

The Canucks first ever Norris, I think?

After this, I'm ready to say he's the best defenceman they've ever had.
yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad