B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I don't thnk the SENS could spend to the cap next year if they tried considering how many solid ELC players we could have rounding out the roster.

Guenette
Crookshank
Jarventie
Kleven
Ostapchuk

We could splurge on a winger in FA but that pushes Jarventie to the 4th line where he isn't very well suited. It might be smarter to lock Greig into the top 6 and have a third line of Joseph Pinto Jarventie. In that case we don't need to add a single player and we are well below the cap. I would then target a very solid two way 4th line C on a 1 or 2 year contract and be super deep down the middle. Adam Henrique?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't thnk the SENS could spend to the cap next year if they tried considering how many solid ELC players we could have rounding out the roster.

Guenette
Crookshank
Jarventie
Kleven
Ostapchuk

We could splurge on a winger in FA but that pushes Jarventie to the 4th line where he isn't very well suited. It might be smarter to lock Greig into the top 6 and have a third line of Joseph Pinto Jarventie. In that case we don't need to add a single player and we are well below the cap. I would then target a very solid two way 4th line C on a 1 or 2 year contract and be super deep down the middle. Adam Henrique?
No, not Henrique. We need some heavier players that can play. I’d rather keep Kasty and look for 4th line wingers that can bang and police the game a little. Not Reeves types, but more like a Jeneau type guy.

Reactions: Bileur

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
No, not Henrique. We need some heavier players that can play. I’d rather keep Kasty and look for 4th line wingers that can bang and police the game a little. Not Reeves types, but more like a Jeneau type guy.
You're going to be hard pressed adding that kind of player as they are rare commodities in today's NHL. They're out there and I think a Keegan Kolasar type is a must for every contender but they aren't easy to land. Dakota Joshua, although not that tough, is looking like a nice piece for Vancouver's 4th line right now...

Kastelic needs to find his game from the beginning of last season where he actually looked like a useful NHLer. Ever since he has done very little to deserve his roster spot and I really don't care about his face-off stats. I'm hopeful that he will be the next guy to benefit from some stability in the lines and our new found depth because I think there is some potential for him to be good in the cycle if he had a bit more skill to play with. But he is going on more than a year of very underwhelming hockey and if we're still automatically pencilling him I'd argue at this point that it means he's overrated. He shouldn't be guaranteed anything in my opinion but again, hopefully this 'new' lineup brings out the best in him like it has with others.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You're going to be hard pressed adding that kind of player as they are rare commodities in today's NHL. They're out there and I think a Keegan Kolasar type is a must for every contender but they aren't easy to land. Dakota Joshua, although not that tough, is looking like a nice piece for Vancouver's 4th line right now...

Kastelic needs to find his game from the beginning of last season where he actually looked like a useful NHLer. Ever since he has done very little to deserve his roster spot and I really don't care about his face-off stats. I'm hopeful that he will be the next guy to benefit from some stability in the lines and our new found depth because I think there is some potential for him to be good in the cycle if he had a bit more skill to play with. But he is going on more than a year of very underwhelming hockey and if we're still automatically pencilling him I'd argue at this point that it means he's overrated. He shouldn't be guaranteed anything in my opinion but again, hopefully this 'new' lineup brings out the best in him like it has with others.
I agree that Kasty needs to step it up and hope he does because he does seem to be a guy with ‘all the tools’.

Definitely need to find a 4th line unicorn, but at least we can focus a lot on it compared to many other teams given that our roster is pretty much set.

We may even have that kind of guy in Ostapchuk.

Time will tell of course, and who knows how the rest of the guys will look with new GM, coaching, support, stability, etc…

Things look pretty good though

Reactions: PlayersLtd

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Things look amazing and yeah, pretty much all our future GM needs to focus on through FA is rounding out the bottom 6.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Smejkal sent back to BSens, Larson back to ASens

Roster Notes:

There are a few of roster updates to pass along since last Saturday’s loss to the Griffins. Defenceman Donovan Sebrango was reassigned to Belleville from the Allen Americans (ECHL), while goaltender Leevi Merilainen was reassigned to Allen. There was also an NHL player swap, with forward Jiri Smejkal returning to Belleville, after making his NHL debut with Ottawa earlier this week, and defenceman Jacob Larsson was recalled again to the NHL. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available before puck drop.

Who to Watch:

Senators forward Garrett Pilon brings a six-game point streak (five goals, three assists) into tonight’s contest. The veteran forward had the game’s first goal last Saturday, cueing Sens fans to toss their teddy bears onto the ice. Angus Crookshank is on a new three-game point streak (one goal, three assists), while defender Ryan MacKinnon has points in back-to-back games (two assists). Defenceman Max Guenette had his three-game point streak (one goal, three assists) snapped on Saturday, but still sits 8th in American Hockey League defensive scoring with 17 points.

Cleveland has no players currently riding point streaks, after being shutout in Hershey in their last game. However, forward Trey Fix-Wolansky sits 14th in AHL scoring (22 points) and is always dangerous against Belleville, while defenceman Jake Christiansen is tied with Guenette on the AHL defensive points list, with 17.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game starts at 7:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Reactions: chipsens and DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Roster Notes:

There are a few of roster updates to pass along since last Saturday’s loss to the Griffins. Defenceman Donovan Sebrango was reassigned to Belleville from the Allen Americans (ECHL), while goaltender Leevi Merilainen was reassigned to Allen. There was also an NHL player swap, with forward Jiri Smejkal returning to Belleville, after making his NHL debut with Ottawa earlier this week, and defenceman Jacob Larsson was recalled again to the NHL. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available before puck drop.

Who to Watch:

Senators forward Garrett Pilon brings a six-game point streak (five goals, three assists) into tonight’s contest. The veteran forward had the game’s first goal last Saturday, cueing Sens fans to toss their teddy bears onto the ice. Angus Crookshank is on a new three-game point streak (one goal, three assists), while defender Ryan MacKinnon has points in back-to-back games (two assists). Defenceman Max Guenette had his three-game point streak (one goal, three assists) snapped on Saturday, but still sits 8th in American Hockey League defensive scoring with 17 points.

Cleveland has no players currently riding point streaks, after being shutout in Hershey in their last game. However, forward Trey Fix-Wolansky sits 14th in AHL scoring (22 points) and is always dangerous against Belleville, while defenceman Jake Christiansen is tied with Guenette on the AHL defensive points list, with 17.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game starts at 7:00 p.m. (ET) and can be seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

Sens didn’t think they had enough Jacob/Jake/Jakob’s dressed

Reactions: Samboni

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013

Roster Notes:

Who to Watch:

Follow the action:

Yay! This game may be more competitive than tonight's game in St Louis. If I can find it, I will watch (to see Fizer in action).

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
1702597841163.png

1702597865266.png

No mention of Tyler Boucher.......

Reactions: DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster Notes:

It seems as if both the Belleville Sens and the NHL Senators made it out unscathed in their respective games last night and with both playing again tonight, there are no transactions to report so far today. Forwards Philippe Daoust, Kyle Betts, and Brennan Saulnier remain on the injured list. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available before puck drop.

Who to Watch:

Both Garrett Pilon (seven games) and Angus Crookshank (four games) extended their point streaks last night, combining on Belleville’s only goal of the game. The pair of forwards have been finding some chemistry since Pilon joined the club this season and have become a consistent offensive threat for the Senators this season. Defenceman Max Guenette still sits 8th an AHL defensive scoring with 17 points.

Cleveland snapped out of its offensive slump in a big way last night, thanks to Hunter McCown (four assists) and and James Malatesta (two goals). Trey Fix-Wolansky had an assist and still sits 12th in AHL scoring (23 points), while goaltender Jet Greaves moved into a tie for second in goaltender wins (10). Jake Christiansen is also still among the top-scoring defencemen in the league with 17 points.

Follow the action:

1702683529567.png

Reactions: DrEasy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Roster Notes:

It seems as if both the Belleville Sens and the NHL Senators made it out unscathed in their respective games last night and with both playing again tonight, there are no transactions to report so far today. Forwards Philippe Daoust, Kyle Betts, and Brennan Saulnier remain on the injured list. Full lineup details, including tonight’s alignment, will be available before puck drop.

Who to Watch:

Both Garrett Pilon (seven games) and Angus Crookshank (four games) extended their point streaks last night, combining on Belleville’s only goal of the game. The pair of forwards have been finding some chemistry since Pilon joined the club this season and have become a consistent offensive threat for the Senators this season. Defenceman Max Guenette still sits 8th an AHL defensive scoring with 17 points.

Cleveland snapped out of its offensive slump in a big way last night, thanks to Hunter McCown (four assists) and and James Malatesta (two goals). Trey Fix-Wolansky had an assist and still sits 12th in AHL scoring (23 points), while goaltender Jet Greaves moved into a tie for second in goaltender wins (10). Jake Christiansen is also still among the top-scoring defencemen in the league with 17 points.

Follow the action:

View attachment 784119
The lineup is pretty good for the ahl imo. Considering Daoust and the other Boucher are missing rn.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The Senators had Saturday off after losing 5-4 to the Dallas Stars on Friday, but they recalled forwards Jiri Smejkal and Angus Crookshank from Belleville. Both will join the team in Vegas.

Reactions: Bileur and senswon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad