Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I think this season should/could be judge with two different point of views = with Celebrini and without Celebrini.

With Celebrini
I will expect for the Sharks to perform a lot more confident offensively and challenge for a win. Without Celebrini I will be happy to just see more respectful hockey.
I know It's a lot to put on a 18-year old superstar, but I feel like he was build in a way to put the team on his back if needed and can thrive under pressure. Sharks has never had this kind of a superstar from the start.

You could argue that there is a third option if injuries hit this team hard and team loses a lot of depth with or without Celebrini.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
According to Friedman on the 32 thoughts podcast, Avs have looked into Blackwood. I’d like to keep Askarov in the AHL to get 25-30 starts in the first 60% of the season, but I do think Blackwood will be a top option for desperate teams, and there’s already a couple.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
According to Friedman on the 32 thoughts podcast, Avs have looked into Blackwood. I’d like to keep Askarov in the AHL to get 25-30 starts in the first 60% of the season, but I do think Blackwood will be a top option for desperate teams, and there’s already a couple.
Georgiev is terrible to start the year so makes sense. I wonder if we do something like Georgiev+2nd or Behrens. Georgiev’s contract is up after this season so could be an interesting candidate to see he can relive up to his potential.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Georgiev is terrible to start the year so makes sense. I wonder if we do something like Georgiev+2nd or Behrens. Georgiev’s contract is up after this season so could be an interesting candidate to see he can relive up to his potential.
Pretty much exactly what it would take for me to move him out sooner. I’d actually like to Georgiev as backup to slow Askarov having to play behind this defense.

Reactions: vortexy

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Pretty much exactly what it would take for me to move him out sooner. I’d actually like to Georgiev as backup to slow Askarov having to play behind this defense.
I just don’t think it makes sense from Colorado. My thinking is they’ll want to see if Kahkonen can take the reigns (still dealing with customs last I heard)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I just don’t think it makes sense from Colorado. My thinking is they’ll want to see if Kahkonen can take the reigns (still dealing with customs last I heard)
It depends on if the Avs are done with Georgiev. If they are, they'll probably want someone better than Annunen to be their #2.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
If Georgiev has to come back our way I'd be asking for a 1st. Blackwood should get us his 2nd on his own, but if they want an upgrade PLUS cap space that's what it's gotta cost.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
If Georgiev has to come back our way I'd be asking for a 1st. Blackwood should get us his 2nd on his own, but if they want an upgrade PLUS cap space that's what it's gotta cost.
How about the Grier special. Instead of a 2nd it’s a 3rd to upgrade to a 1st.

Blackwood + 3rd for Georgiev +1st

Even better make it 2027 unprotected and then when the wheels fall of in Colorado we can grab Dupont.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I'd be happy with a 2nd for swapping Blackwood and Georgiev. When Askarov is ready it'll be easy enough to waive Georgiev.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'd be happy with a 2nd for swapping Blackwood and Georgiev. When Askarov is ready it'll be easy enough to waive Georgiev.
I agree. I actually think Blackwood deserves a chance to play with a contender. He’s earned it with what he’s endured the last year and a bit and I would like to see how he would look on a good team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad