Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
not to change the subject, but what are your thoughts on waiving benning and sending him down?

He seems god awful and not an nhler. I wonder if Thompson would be better? And when mukh is healthy, he might be too?

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
not to change the subject, but what are your thoughts on waiving benning and sending him down?

He seems god awful and not an nhler. I wonder if Thompson would be better? And when mukh is healthy, he might be too?

I doubt Benning gets waived? It’ll likely be Thrun/Benning being cycled in.

Walman and Ceci have looked good, Walman particularly, having Muhk in the top 4 would be hugely helpful.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If Ekblad is willing to sign here you give him whatever contract he wants. Can't see Florida letting him go while they're trying to win another Cup.
Yeah, I think Ekblad is a pretty unrealistic target anyway, Florida can't afford to lost him after losing Montour and OEL last summer

They're going to give him a big contract but it will be less than everybody thinks so he can stay with the team that picked him #1, that he won a cup with and where he pays no state income tax, it'll be ugly in the back half but that's tomorrow's problem

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I doubt Benning gets waived? It’ll likely be Thrun/Benning being cycled in.

Walman and Ceci have looked good, Walman particularly, having Muhk in the top 4 would be hugely helpful.
Agreed on walman and Ceci. Agreed in walman particularly too….

Goes to show that getting good D really matters. It’s kinda why I’d like to see Thompson get a real look. We need some young D to step up. Thrun does not appear to be part of the long term future to me. He’s not terrible but I don’t think he’s good enough to pencil in nightly and benning is terrible.

Obviously would like to see what we got in mukh, but for now, I’d like to see Thompson get a shot. We need to find young D that can play top 4 going forward.

We have the goalie of the future. We have the forwards of the future. We need to find the D of the future sooner than 3 years from now when dick might be ready. I’d love to see Thompson penciled in and banning in the rafters.

Reactions: Jargon

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Benning has been god-awful for his entire Sharks tenure and has no future. I would be happy to see the back of him.

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
Yeah, I think Ekblad is a pretty unrealistic target anyway, Florida can't afford to lost him after losing Montour and OEL last summer

They're going to give him a big contract but it will be less than everybody thinks so he can stay with the team that picked him #1, that he won a cup with and where he pays no state income tax, it'll be ugly in the back half but that's tomorrow's problem
Yeah, I think he’ll be tough to pry. Grier might need to trade for a number one like DW did with Boyle, burns, and karlsson.

The good news is that the Sharks are so flush with forward prospects that they can probably do it if they strike when the irons hot. We don’t have the draft capital anymore after trading the knights pick, but we used have a lot of future nhl forwards and can get more picks for rentals at the deadline than can be flipped over the summer for top unsigned RFAs or other good D targets.

Next summer, the sharks will be ready to make big moves. 40m in cap space. An army of prospects ready to step in (Askarov will be ready. Likely bystedt and haltunnen will be ready. Cags and Thompson may be ready. Smith Eklund and Celebrini will be ready to lead all on elcs… not to mention mukh , gush, and possibly Cardwell.) they should be able to form a very competitive roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad