Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
You really don't have to be that defensive. Vlasic WAS an all time great defensive defenseman, then he became one of the worst value contracts of all time and has been a replacement level defenseman for several years now.
Honestly, I was out to congratulate the poster for taking that stance. If it came off as defensive, that wasn’t my intent.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He drinks raw milk and posts about it on social media. Not much of a story. Just an indicator of being stupid.
Are you actually criticizing a Stanley Cup winner for their dietary decisions? The questions I wish to ask about you and your accomplishments….

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
There’s no world where Smith, who did… fine… as a *rookie* centering the *second line* needs to go back to the NHL. He’s got a lot to work on, but he showed he could hang. How he just needs to make adjustments - but so does Celebrini.

I thought Gushchin was actually noticeable in his shifts, backchecked hard etc, but yeah I’m not sure the 4th line is really the place for him. I’d love to see him on Wennberg’s wing, but I think ultimately it’ll take a few injuries for him to get a real chance.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
So Celebrini is injured.

If he's actually out for a plurality of games, for poops and giggles, why not throw Smith to the wolves at 1C and see what he can do with Eklund and Toffoli, move Granlund to 2C and Gushchin up to the 2nd line.

And when it inevitably fails, move Granlund to 1C, demote Gushchin to the AHL, bring up G. Smith and move Kunin to the 2nd line.

We sure could use a healthy Couture right about now.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Are you actually criticizing a Stanley Cup winner for their dietary decisions? The questions I wish to ask about you and your accomplishments….
Haha, a lot of Stanley Cup winners have made a lot of, uh, not great life choices over the years. I don't think simply winning a cup makes one's decision-making infallible.

Reactions: Star Platinum

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Raw milk guy? F*** no.

I don't really think Theodore and Pettersson is the play, but I think Will Borgen would be a really good pickup in the offseason.
Love seeing someone else on board with my Will Borgen love fest. Been writing him into the 2025 opening night lineup for months.

I’d go out and sign Borgen and Ekblad this summer to solve the RD issues. Might not have a super high ceiling, but gives us a real NHL top pairing D-Man and a #4 that can help take the next step forward while we continue to build through draft and trades for young players.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Putting aside the whole “winning a Cup does not make one infallible” thing for just a moment, Jakob Chychrun is just about the furthest thing from a Cup winner. The only time he’s ever even made the playoffs was when Arizona was gifted a spot by the excessively generous bubble rules.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I can only assume your joking, but Jakob Chychrun is the biggest loser in the NHL, so...

Love seeing someone else on board with my Will Borgen love fest. Been writing him into the 2025 opening night lineup for months.

I’d go out and sign Borgen and Ekblad this summer to solve the RD issues. Might not have a super high ceiling, but gives us a real NHL top pairing D-Man and a #4 that can help take the next step forward while we continue to build through draft and trades for young players.
Borgen and Fabbro would be my targets in UFA next year. Pair one with Walman on the top pairing, pair the other with Mukhamadullin, profit!

I really go back and forth on whether I would want to try and sign Ekblad. Ultimately I think it would come down to contract length. He's the same age as Borgen but has drastically more miles on his body and isn't exactly the picture of health. He's definitely begun to decline significantly even though he's only 28. But he's also a Stanley Cup winning 6'4" RHD who would fit this team perfectly in the short-term. Realistically I think someone else will sign him (maybe Columbus with all their cap room?), but it's interesting to think about.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad