Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Didn't Halttunen make some goodbye to London post? I wouldn't be surprised if he's with the Barracuda this season.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
he made the conscience decision to come to play in north america last year. Hes not going to bounce to europe if he still intends on playing in the NHL.

Maybe, though Goldobin did the same thing. Came over for OHL, back to Europe, then AHL.

I'd welcome Halttunen in the AHL, but he's got a third option this season if he doesn't want to go back to junior.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Maybe, though Goldobin did the same thing. Came over for OHL, back to Europe, then AHL.

I'd welcome Halttunen in the AHL, but he's got a third option this season if he doesn't want to go back to junior.
I believe Goldobin was drafted out of the CHL so he wasn’t AHL eligible so he went back to Europe. Since Halttunen was drafted out of Europe he doesn’t have to follow the CHL/NHL agreement.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I believe Goldobin was drafted out of the CHL so he wasn’t AHL eligible so he went back to Europe. Since Halttunen was drafted out of Europe he doesn’t have to follow the CHL/NHL agreement.

Ah, yeah. Maybe that wasn't the best example.

I mean, before this becomes a whole conversation thread all I'm trying to say is that Halttunen's got three options for this season. Not going to pencil him into any AHL lineup until I'm told for sure he's being sent there.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Ah, yeah. Maybe that wasn't the best example.

I mean, before this becomes a whole conversation thread all I'm trying to say is that Halttunen's got three options for this season. Not going to pencil him into any AHL lineup until I'm told for sure he's being sent there.
The best of those three options IMO is to return to London. Smaller ice, will have more important role and more ice time there than he will either in Europe or the AHL, and with good coaching that will emphasize what he needs to work on to be an NHL player.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
The best of those three options IMO is to return to London. Smaller ice, will have more important role and more ice time there than he will either in Europe or the AHL, and with good coaching that will emphasize what he needs to work on to be an NHL player.
I agree. He feels like he needs a lot of marinating, getting his fitness routines right, rounding out his game. As a 2nd round pick we should be pretty excited if he sees even a short peak in the NHL as a depth winger on PP2. No need to try to rush him there.

Reactions: Star Platinum

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
One counter point is that if skating and conditioning are issues for him the AHL would allow him access to better training and power skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad