Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
That’s a tough one. I believe in the talent and it seems like he’s been able to manage his OCD lately, but he also wasn’t very good in the AHL last season. I think he might be waiver eligible, but I’m not 100% sure. I’d probably do it because the contract is only two more years and if he really can’t cut it you can let him go. But it’s risky.

Regarding Fabbro:

I wonder if there’s a way to get him and Askarov. Maybe one of Bystedt/Edstrom, Thrun, Bordeleau?
Coincidently, I was talking with my little brother earlier about Askarov. I spitballed a very similar package:

-2025 2nd
-One of Bystedt or Edstrom
-Bordeleau

Reactions: ChompChomp

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I don't believe Halttunen can play in the AHL next season. NHL, OHL, or Europe for him.
He was drafted out of Europe so he is eligible to play in the AHL.

Coincidently, I was talking with my little brother earlier about Askarov. I spitballed a very similar package:

-2025 2nd
-One of Bystedt or Edstrom
-Bordeleau
I think Musty would have to be the prospect instead of one of Bystedt or Edstrom.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Fabbro, Askarov for Bordeleau, Halttunen, Rutta and 2nd rounder
Who says no???

Probably Nashville
Definitely Nashville.

The way I see it is that if they’re moving Fabbro to clear some cap, a defenseman they could likely sign to a $900k deal like Thrun who is young and also has some upside might be attractive. They need center prospects badly, hence their choice of Bystedt/Edstrom. I’d throw in Sahlin-Walenius if they wanted. Doubt fans would like it but given how tight money is it could be plausible.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
So uh...

Ferraro - Emberson
Walman - Ruuta
Muk - Benning
Vlasic - Thompson

Those last two pairs maybe alternating in and out of the presbox together to keep the continuity?
??

Elephant in the room and all that.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
So uh...

Ferraro - Emberson
Walman - Ruuta
Muk - Benning
Vlasic - Thompson

Those last two pairs maybe alternating in and out of the presbox together to keep the continuity?
??

Thompson and Muk are waiver eligible and will start on the Cuda. If they can get a top 4 RHD then Thurn might start with the Cuda as well.

They really have way too many D on the Sharks and Cuda.

Reactions: coooldude

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Basically, a lot of people are going to be waived during training camp.

Thompson and Muk are waiver eligible and will start on the Cuda. If they can get a top 4 RHD then Thurn might start with the Cuda as well.

They really have way too many D on the Sharks and Cuda.
There's the usual suspects:
1719877924070.png

And then there's a bucket of D on ELC:

1719877973118.png

I totally forgot about Thrun, because he's in the "scratched" section on cap friendly (record scratch sound R.I.P. Jam Master Jay)

1719878153464.png

Maybe Ferraro gets dealt to make room for Thrun?

Emberson is a 4 with a good 3? Thrun could get better and be top 4? Shak can be top-4 with development? But next year looking weird.

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So uh...

Ferraro - Emberson
Walman - Ruuta
Muk - Benning
Vlasic - Thompson

??

I think Rutta will be waived or traded, Thompson will start in the AHL, and Vlasic will have his ass parked in the press box. I expect our D to look like:

Walman-XXX
Mukhamadullin-Benning
Ferraro-Emberson
Thrun (rotates in when Mukh needs a break)

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Eklund - Celebrini - Toffoli
Granlund - Couture- Zetterlund
Smith - Wennberg - Dellandrea
Goodrow- Sturm - Kunin/Kostin
Gundstrom

Walman-Rutta
Ferraro-Benning
Muhk-Emberson
Thrun/Vlasic

I like to believe Couture is coming back. I think we signed 1-2 too many 4th line players, but injuries will happen. It would be cool to see someone like Egor as the 13-14th forward as I don't know how much more he has to prove in the AHL, but again he will probably have to wait for an injury to get his shot. Graf/Gush/Bords/ETC are really going to have to dominate the AHL to get a shot (which is fair)

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Eklund - Celebrini - Toffoli
Granlund - Couture- Zetterlund
Smith - Wennberg - Dellandrea
Goodrow- Sturm - Kunin/Kostin
Gundstrom

Walman-Rutta
Ferraro-Benning
Muhk-Emberson
Thrun/Vlasic

I like to believe Couture is coming back. I think we signed 1-2 too many 4th line players, but injuries will happen. It would be cool to see someone like Egor as the 13-14th forward as I don't know how much more he has to prove in the AHL, but again he will probably have to wait for an injury to get his shot. Graf/Gush/Bords/ETC are really going to have to dominate the AHL to get a shot (which is fair)

He's not.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think Rutta will be waived or traded, Thompson will start in the AHL, and Vlasic will have his ass parked in the press box. I expect our D to look like:

Walman-XXX
Mukhamadullin-Benning
Ferraro-Emberson
Thrun (rotates in when Mukh needs a break)
With Benning coming off a major injury, Ember injury-prone, Shakir with very little actual NHL experience and Thrun Thrun, it's imperative to keep a guy like Ruuta around. If things mesh in any way he'd be an ideal TDL pickup for a late 5th or 6th.

Reactions: spintops

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
With Benning coming off a major injury, Ember injury-prone, Shakir with very little actual NHL experience and Thrun Thrun, it's imperative to keep a guy like Ruuta around. If things mesh in any way he'd be an ideal TDL pickup for a late 5th or 6th.
Right, ideally he’d clear waivers and we’d still have him in the org.

Looks like Afanasyev is KHL-bound. Kinda figured after today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad