Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I really don't think Musty is ready for the NHL and doubt he makes the team..but who knows maybe I'm wrong. With Smith you had Grier saying he is ready for the NHL. Nobody in the org is saying that about Musty

Sudbury just needs to trade him to London so we can rename them to the Junior Sharks :laugh:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If the sharks claim Trouba that would be obvious collusion between Grier and NYR and I hope grounds for a serious investigation
Why would it be collusion? This could of changed in the last CBA, but it used to be that if a team won a claim for a waived player then that team goes to the back of the line for the next waivered player. So since we won the Goodrow one, it would need 30 other teams to say no to the claim for the Sharks to have a chance.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Musty is going to get an extended look because he needs to be smacked around a bit so he knows what to work on

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Musty is going to get an extended look because he needs to be smacked around a bit so he knows what to work on
I'd give Musty a full-time look and let him earn his bumps. What would be the point of sending him back to Sudbury? The team has a bounty of young prospects that'll need looks down the road, so may as well see what Musty can do at the NHL level. If he completely looks overmatched to the point where it kills him then make the call then.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Absolutely not, what I hope for is that the sharks gm can make smart moves this summer that improve the team and our future. I want to be proven wrong for not liking his moves.
Yeah but, you just said you hope there’s an investigation. MG would be doing something that is clearly helping us be a better team. You’d hope there would be a full investigation..what?! Lol

Reactions: timorous me

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Bailey re-signed to 1 year deal.
Hopefully AHL depth. If Macklin signs you have :
Granlund, Zetterlund, Eklund, Smith, Macklin, Couture (?) as your top 6 forwards (not necessarily playing in the top 6 or at that level yet, but still want to see a young guy like Smith playing with talent) . .
I guess the third line players would be Strum, Dellandrea, Kostin
4th line: Goodrow, Grundstrom, Kunin

Then all the kids- Igor, bords, etc.

Roster is all looking pretty full at forward. Sorta surprised we have made so many depth moves when we probably need to start aiming for quality

Patty Ice

Mighty Luca
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Why would it be collusion? This could of changed in the last CBA, but it used to be that if a team won a claim for a waived player then that team goes to the back of the line for the next waivered player. So since we won the Goodrow one, it would need 30 other teams to say no to the claim for the Sharks to have a chance.

He just has one year left at $6M cap hit, correct? Seems like he's a waiver claim possibility. Don't even let him go UFA. I mean, the Sharks can literally get him automatically.

Pretty sure that is still the case which makes claiming Goodrow more annoying.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
IN FACT, Grier should call the Jets now and tell them if they trade him McG on the cheap, he'll claim Schmidt to save them a buy out. Then we get McG cheap and Schmidt instantly improves our D. Win/win. Jets don't even need to know that we'd claim Schmidt anyways.

Reactions: TealManV and Bizz

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Jets were looking for an NHL ready top 4 Defenseman (Ferraro) and Center (Sturm?) for McGroarty. Probably throw in an excess prospect as a sweetener (Coe? Graf?)

• Love
Reactions: ChompChomp

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah but, you just said you hope there’s an investigation. MG would be doing something that is clearly helping us be a better team. You’d hope there would be a full investigation..what?! Lol
Its not helping us be a better team, hes not good and theres a reason he cant be traded.

I would be fine if we get a first round pick to take him, but for free it would mean helping the guy who got him this job, or horrible player evaluation skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad