Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I choose to believe you're implying that he'll play a lot more than 9 games.
I don’t know if that’s a great idea. :laugh: But I do like the idea of Sam getting some NHL games so he has a better idea of what he needs to improve on in London. London is a cushy place to play, I want Dickinson to get exposed so he can learn. He should at least get a very long look in camp.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I don’t know if that’s a great idea. :laugh: But I do like the idea of Sam getting some NHL games so he has a better idea of what he needs to improve on in London. London is a cushy place to play, I want Dickinson to get exposed so he can learn. He should at least get a very long look in camp.

If Bonk is back, there's a chance he'd actually get to be the primary d-man on the PP in San Jose, whereas he's the secondary guy in London. Realistically, I think that'll be Walman or a free agent, but it's not impossible. Hopefully Bonk makes Philly out of camp.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I dont see the NHL being the right path for Dickinson next year at all. His OHL numbers are good but hes young and Dmen always take longer to develop and hit their prime.
You mean opposed to him even getting nine games? I don’t think anyone is really advocating for him to play a full NHL season, which I think we can all agree that would be a bad idea.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The only issue I see with Dickinson getting his nine games is the left-side logjam and I'd feel kind of shitty for Mukhamadullin if he goes back to the Barracuda while Dickinson plays those NHL games even though I think Muk has earned his shot for more extended NHL time.
Yeah, that would be my only hesitation.

9 games would be fine if he earns them in camp, but with a guy like this there is no rush at all.
Then we’re in agreement. Definitely think it would be a bad idea to keep him in the NHL.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Don’t count out Dickinson getting his nine games…
I didn't even think about that for this season, but it's quite possible! All the more season that the first nine games are must watch. I know for all of us every game is a must watch, but you know what I mean. Like I'm not going to plan anything (trips, vacations, etc) around the first couple of weeks of the season. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: timorous me

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The only issue I see with Dickinson getting his nine games is the left-side logjam and I'd feel kind of shitty for Mukhamadullin if he goes back to the Barracuda while Dickinson plays those NHL games even though I think Muk has earned his shot for more extended NHL time.
If Mukhamadullin gets beat out by an 18-year-old, then he deserves to sit.

WRT to free agency, there is no pre-negotiation window anymore, correct?

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
If Dickinson earns NHL playing time AAAND Muk earns full time Shark duty (which based on the time I saw him with the big club I think he’s probably going to) then let them both make the team and bump some other guy out of the top 4 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad