Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Janmark and Brown sticking around is great news. Both are huge parts of the locker-room, the PK, and I genuinely think Brown surprises many people this year.

Arvidsson is a great add, assuming he's healthy.

I like the offense of Skinner, I hope he buys into the two way system. Especially when he looks around the locker room and realizes he doesn't need to do it all himself. Nobody expects him to be top 3 in goals on the team.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Something else still has to give though right? Skinner on board means Kane gets dropped in the lineup, can't imagine he'd want that. Numbers aren't working currently are they.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Something else still has to give though right? Skinner on board means Kane gets dropped in the lineup, can't imagine he'd want that. Numbers aren't working currently are they.
Maybe this helps him with one of two things - waive to go play somewhere that will give him the minutes, or - come into camp pissed off and in amazing shape.

Reactions: Shizuka

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Could this be a sign that our organization is now more analytics focused.

At the TDL, our analytics guy Mahe informed Holland we were 28th in the league for finishing. A piece of information that seemingly went ignored by Holland at the TDL.

And now we get a huge injection in offensive skill and shooting talent.

You will hear no Tarasenko/Toffoli pining from me this year. We have more than enough up front now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yep, very smart proactive trade and I really like the prospect too.

Jeff Jackson should just appoint himself as GM. This is the best offseason the Oilers have had in years, maybe since '05?
Yep. Loved the proactiveness of it too. They saw a guy they loved, they made their move to ensure we got him.

I love the prospect too. But I just love the guts on display by making that move.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Kane has shown (eye test and analytically) he cannot produce outside of the top two lines. He also has no chemistry with Drai. So he should be on the top line with 97 and 18. Draisaitl gets the two new wingers. Nuge centres Brown and Janmark. Fourth line to be determined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad