Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Think Bystedt used to wear 18 internationally if I remember right
Yep that's exactly right.

Boom, undefeated (do not look into my record)

I'm vacillating between "being respectful of vet who was traded from contender to basement dweller and is expected to be a leadership guy" vs. "taking top prospect's number from him to give to depth guy makes me concerned that we're keeping Ceci at the deadline".

• Wow
Reactions: one2gamble

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ

I'm vacillating between "being respectful of vet who was traded from contender to basement dweller and is expected to be a leadership guy" vs. "taking top prospect's number from him to give to depth guy makes me concerned that we're keeping Ceci at the deadline".
I think Dickinson only had #4 because Thrun wore his #3 anyway, and he wore #2 as the team captain for Canada at the U17s, so I don't know if he's too fussed about it, just seems like a "give me a single digit" kinda guy

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Jesus, Thornton has become THE face of the franchise, hasn't he.
Always-Has-Been.png

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think Dickinson only had #4 because Thrun wore his #3 anyway, and he wore #2 as the team captain for Canada at the U17s, so I don't know if he's too fussed about it, just seems like a "give me a single digit" kinda guy
Yeah I don't think Dickinson is especially attached to #4 but for this to happen either the team would have had to specifically go out of their way to reach out to him about it or they just did it and told him. Either way, it feels weird to me.

Reactions: Sandisfan

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Yeah I don't think Dickinson is especially attached to #4 but for this to happen either the team would have had to specifically go out of their way to reach out to him about it or they just did it and told him. Either way, it feels weird to me.
It's all gonna be water under the bridge when he debuts in 2 years wearing #1 and wins the Norris, Hart and Conn Smythe as a rookie and rips the C off Couture's chest before skating over to Bettman and ripping the cup out of his hands without waiting for the photo op

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024

By the time Dickinson is on the big roster, that number will be available again

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Dickinson has been changed to #6 on the rookie faceoff roster so I'm assuming Ceci is taking back the #4 he wore in Pittsburgh

Not confirmed there but we're also still waiting on Dellandrea, Walman and Wennberg for confirmation on jersey numbers for new additions, also not sure about Goodrow but I don't see why he wouldn't take back #23

? #4 - Ceci
#30 - Askarov
#73 - Toffoli
#91 - Grundstrom

? - Dellandrea, Goodrow, Walman, Wennberg

This is what my brain is always thinking of in the background
I saw #4 at a skate over the weekend while watching my son play. I thought it looked like Ceci but definitely not Dickinson.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Would be more concerning if Dickinson could fit into the little guy's jersey. At least we know they have to get an Adult Sized uniform for #6 this time.
It’s odd that Sam would be the 9th shark of all time to wear the number 6, and they’re ALL defensemen.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

It's 100% the former. It would be weird if the Sharks didn't let Ceci have his preferred number because a prospect who isn't even in the AHL wanted it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad