Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
It’s very impressive for Bonk. I think we got a steal with him where we took him. People are ranting about Canada being weak but they should medal. Barkey is just too small. The talent is there no question but at his size

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Watching Phantoms and all I have to say is Wow just Wow. What a pathetic group of players. Charlotte skating rings around them. It's amazing when you watch something like this that the Flyers truly believe that gritty knuckle dragging is the way to go. And the wacko coach scratched his fastest skater

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Watching Phantoms and all I have to say is Wow just Wow. What a pathetic group of players. Charlotte skating rings around them. It's amazing when you watch something like this that the Flyers truly believe that gritty knuckle dragging is the way to go. And the wacko coach scratched his fastest skater
Puckhead has no redeeming qualities as a head coach. He has no clue with regards to player development. His only schtick is checking. He knows nothing of offensive systems or offensive awareness. These prospects don't stand a chance as long as he's the coach.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Puckhead has no redeeming qualities as a head coach. He has no clue with regards to player development. His only schtick is checking. He knows nothing of offensive systems or offensive awareness. These prospects don't stand a chance as long as he's the coach.
Well, they are certainly emulating their coach. They have a total of one set play - icing. Its absolutely amazing. There was sequence where they iced it 4-5 times in a row...It is possible that between the Flyers and Phantoms we have all th slow players?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
There is some talent on the Phantom’s roster but you wouldn’t know it by watching them play. They are poorly coached as far as schemes of play and usage is concerned. The defenders seem to rotate fairly well in their own end. However there looks to be some disconnect between them and the forwards all over the ice. Not good. It’s hard to see what real skills these guys have when all that they’re doing is basically pond hockey. They’re close to leading the league in PMs- shows undisciplined play

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
There is some talent on the Phantom’s roster but you wouldn’t know it by watching them play. They are poorly coached as far as schemes of play and usage is concerned. The defenders seem to rotate fairly well in their own end. However there looks to be some disconnect between them and the forwards all over the ice. Not good. It’s hard to see what real skills these guys have when all that they’re doing is basically pond hockey. They’re close to leading the league in PMs- shows undisciplined play
I really hope it is the coaching, but he has a job for life. I'll tell you this, Laczynski is a way better center than Poehling or Cates......

Reactions: scumpup and renberg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I was impressed with Samu’s play tonight. He’s not NHL ready by a long way. However he can skate, handle the puck and seems to have on ice awareness. He needs time and to grow more into his frame. Eventually he could be a decent player.
I mostly stayed out of the heated Samu debates cause I had no idea about him as a prospect and his first two post draft seasons seemed like one big clusterf***, but it's awesome to see him leading the Phantoms in scoring as a 20 year old.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The Flyers will move Bonk to wing just so they can have a Killer B's line. That's how important line nicknames are to them.
No chance they move him from D. They're salivating over the idea of Jackson being able to say that Connor McDavid / Bedard got "BONKED!" after some routine bump along the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad