NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: THE SUNRISE KITTENS HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The good news is the Panthers plane from Edmonton didn't crash...... WSVN-TV Miami

1719109245936.png

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I want the Oilers to win. They deserve it after all they have to overcome this season. The Panthers are pukes and I want them to feel every bit of heartbreak they can feel after how they played the Bruins in the last two playoffs (sucker punch on Marchy, Noseks wife is a whore etc.)

I also think that Drasaitl or McDavid can see a cup win as mission accomplished when they reach free agency and could seek a new opportunity/challenge on a specific team on the east coast 😉

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The B's were playing great without Bergy in the lineup against Florida last year

Monty screwed up by bringing him back with all the momentum for the Bruins up 3 games to 1
..and leaving an injured Ullmark in net for games 5 and 6 was another bad decision

Sometimes it's the things you don't do that bring success.......or disaster

Main reason Boston went up 3-1 was Lyon was in net first 3 games.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
In 36h, our biggest playoff rivals will experience one of the most historic moments of failure and shame you can experience. Stuff you just carry with you for all time, until you expire.

The likeable Oilers, will live on in history, and McJesus will finally arrive as THE superstar of his time.

I'm just so here for this. It's been an experience.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
McDavid is a truly incredible player. The most dominant performer since Mario. Breaking 99's assists record for a single playoff year is absolutely ridiculous.

There are lots of ways to describe his greatness, but for this long time hockey fan the defining quality of his play is his ability to do everything at top speed.

He's also on a short list of the greatest skaters I've ever seen. His combination of speed, quickness, and agility is staggering.

It's as if he's a blend of Orr, Coffey, and Fedorov.
I haven't watched many Oilers games on the McDavid era, but watching him in these playoffs has been a revelation to me. You're absolutely right. The way he skates around defenders and gains zone entries is hardly seen anymore.

Reactions: Ladyfan

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I want the Panthers to lose as much as anybody, and it sure seems like the Oilers have the momentum, but I wouldn't go counting the cats out just yet, for a few reasons:
  1. The Panthers have lots of playoff experience on that roster, and their big players, including their goalie, have been to the SCF before. How many big players on the Oilers have been to the SCF? That counts for something.
  2. Games 4–6, the pressure was all on the Panthers to close it out and not let the Oilers back in it. Oilers were playing for their lives. The team with the "do or die" ethic is more motivated.
  3. With a game 7, that dynamic has ended. Now both teams are on equal footing. It's do or die for both.
Now, I think the Oilers will likely take it. Their star players have finally woken up and started imposing their will the way the Panthers star players were earlier in these playoffs. And it may be that the Panthers have started to run out of steam. But it's still possible that the Panthers can find their swagger again for one last 60-min push.

Also interesting that either goalie could bring their lights-out game, or both could. Which means it could go to OT, and then the element of randomness steps in big-time.

Gonna be a hell of a game.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Ummmm…. So….

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I just didn’t feel like going back and reading the last few pages.

If the Florida Panthers shit the bed tomorrow night after having a 3-0 lead in the Stanley Cup Final, will that be worse than the Bruins pissing away a 3-1 series lead in the first round to those same Panthers?

I’m asking for a friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad