NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: THE SUNRISE KITTENS HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Maybe just maybe they don't care about Florida or Edmonton or the series for that matter?

What's so bizarre about that? Next season starts when the series ends.
They don't care about Florida, Edmonton, or the series, but yet its quick and tidy conclusion determines whether or not they "move onward"...

Yes, that makes perfect sense.

It's a game. On television. It may as well not exist at all if you decline to turn on the TV.

plus, why are we in such a hurry for go through 3 months of being linked to everyone under the sun but coming back in October to the same roster with different JAGs? Do folks think the Bruins are actually going to be players and make a move of consequence in the offseason?

lol

How about a damn post that isn't just pure misery? It's a game folks.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Why put lipstick on a pig? The offseason is a wasteland as a Bruins fan where all we have is counting down to the start of the next season

I think you are perhaps downplaying your own emotions and perceptional bias. Most teams don't pull off miracles during the offseason.

The competition in the UFA market inevitably results in loads of overpaid high-end players and fans who can't understand why their teams didn't "do more" given the cap space they had. Draft picks, aside from those who pick at the top, take time and more often than not, don't make an impact. Rarely do you get miracle trades (the one that pops to mind presently is the Huberdeau/Tkachuk trade where, at the time, many people thought Calgary was getting better end of the deal).

As much as we don't like to admit it, none of this is as predictable as our minds want to tell us. Or straightforward in terms of how to manage. Edmonton was an abject failure of an organization for years (up until as recently as a few months ago) and now they're two wins from a miracle comeback to win the Stanley Cup. Loads of their own fans were talking about how their GM and their FO sucked, and would never win anything with that goaltender, and now look where we are.

Perpetual negativity is far from a realist view of how things actually work.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
They don't care about Florida, Edmonton, or the series, but yet its quick and tidy conclusion determines whether or not they "move onward"...

Yes, that makes perfect sense.

It's a game. On television. It may as well not exist at all if you decline to turn on the TV.

lol

How about a damn post that isn't just pure misery? It's a game folks.
What the hell are you talking about? People want the series to end, could care less if its on tv or not. That's not the point of wanting it to come to an end for some people

Reactions: Mione134

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
and boring. DON'T WATCH. Good Lord

Because it is great hockey. Do I wish it was our Bs in the game...sure but the games are exciting. You don't have to watch.

Stop whining.
Exactly. I've been enjoying this finals. I'm a Bruins fan, but I'm also a fan of great hockey, and this series has been fantastic, as SCF series should be. The ending of game 5 was pretty nuts. I'm not pro-Oilers per se, but if they force a game 7, all bets are off. A series where a team could come from three games down to even force a game 7 much less maybe win a Cup in a historic comeback for the ages - how can you not want to watch that, even if it's not the Bruins? Sports is about great drama and great stories - and this is a great story in the making.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Everyone!

IMG_1032.gif

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I might actually watch the game tonight. Gonna be date night with the wife, pizza and the elden ring DLC just dropped so we’re about to get hurt again back to back on co-op, idk if she’ll tolerate a playoff game popping off in the corner too. Wish me luck

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I really hope Florida pulls it off as that’s my fiancé’s team and the sooner they win the cup the sooner I can stop going to Sunrise to watch them in the finals. I won’t lie and say a small part of me isn’t pulling for McDavid just for the sake of seeing a true great one at his possible peak.

Reactions: BruinDust

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I might actually watch the game tonight. Gonna be date night with the wife, pizza and the elden ring DLC just dropped so we’re about to get hurt again back to back on co-op, idk if she’ll tolerate a playoff game popping off in the corner too. Wish me luck
Could never get into Elden Ring but holy moly am I addicted to Baldurs Gate 3

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I really hope Florida pulls it off as that’s my fiancé’s team and the sooner they win the cup the sooner I can stop going to Sunrise to watch them in the finals. I won’t lie and say a small part of me isn’t pulling for McDavid just for the sake of seeing a true great one at his possible peak.

Poor you, having to go to Stanley Cup finals games.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I have a feeling if Florida loses tonight, they will not win the Cup

..all the pressure will be on them for game 7 ....and they'll sh!t the bed

Reactions: badbrewin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad