NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: THE SUNRISE KITTENS HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I posted this in the OT thread by mistake, I meant to put it here, so copied and pasted because it seems so odd:

Interesting story on our local news just now (CTV Kitchener) about Lorentz. His parents went to games 4, 5 and 6. His father said the Panthers organization told them not to be around for game 7 because it was a distraction so they had to leave and watch the game from home. His Dad was breaking down talking about it. He is a very proud father and it must have felt awful to be sent home. I wonder if they did that to all families?
On the bright side, Lorentz got scratched in Game Seven anyway. ;)

If that did happen, I agree, it was bush-league. But did you catch any of the clips of Bill Zito? Had Florida lost, he literally would've blown a gasket.

Kidding aside, I liked Florida's fourth line, interchangeable parts and all. Even the three games their top players struggled, their fourth line was energetic.

Kevin Stenlund, the one guy they never scratched, was an excellent fourth line center who also played on their first PK unit; which contained the Oilers' potent PP.

Ryan Lomberg is the prototypical worker bee/spark plug; and I gained much respect for him, congratulating Brandon Carlo on the birth of his child.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1719407949185.png

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Michael Karlstrom (Alberta O'Reilly Fan) and I used to go back and forth on Skinner for years. I was pro Jeff he was anti Jeff. I would bring up his skillset and goal scoring and he would say how while nice is a dog and would never win anything and may never make the play-offs. Mike, you were right. I hope you're looking down laughing about it, as we miss you here and your sim league misses you a hell of alot. RIP my friend.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Michael Karlstrom (Alberta O'Reilly Fan) and I used to go back and forth on Skinner for years. I was pro Jeff he was anti Jeff. I would bring up his skillset and goal scoring and he would say how while nice is a dog and would never win anything and may never make the play-offs. Mike, you were right. I hope you're looking down laughing about it, as we miss you here and your sim league misses you a hell of alot. RIP my friend.

Miss that guy, too, and he was right about Skinner at $9m, but wrong if we get him on a show me deal around $3m or less.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I'm a bit of a night owl and Mike was usually on in the late hours that I was because of the time difference; I miss our talks about hockey and life. Just a really good dude.

Reactions: sooshii and Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad