NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
That comes hand and hand, give me pukeness over kindness what it come to hockey.

Bruins have to many nice guys on their roster, that's need to change.
Maybe. But diving, head snapping, turtling and headshots don’t have to. Can be big, tough, mean, nasty and fight all you want, like we used to be, without at the same time being pukes. We were never that. But, sure, give me more nasty. Way more.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Now we'll see if Edmonton can make a series of it. In Bobrovsky's defense, he stole Game One, in which Edmonton carried the play.

Prior to tonight Edmonton's PP was getting solid looks; they just weren't scoring. So the series isn't as lopsided as it would appear.

When Florida gets too aggressive with their forecheck, odd-man situations occur. The Rangers had numerous breakaways in their Game One, but Bobrovsky stopped them all. Same with the Oilers early in the series.

Maurice hasn't made any lineup changes in the Final; curious to see if he puts Lomberg and Cousins back in.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Alex Ovechkin, enjoying his off season.
GQB2acoWoAAx2sl.jpg:large

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Edmonton finally got a clear view of Bob's high stick side. Huge weakness for a supposed 1st ballot HOF'er(in his fans eyes).
Bruins saw this Bob in CBJ. He's capable of completely falling apart. Not to mention FLA rock solid D looked slow and vulnerable. We saw the B's do the same to them at times. FLA can't forecheck when the pucks in their end.
Sadly I don't expect a repeat in G5, but "boys dream".

Last edited:
Reactions: BB79 and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am happy to see Edmonton win one. The hockey gods were not happy with how the Panthers were behaving.

If the Oilers can play like that again who knows? They were the better team for the entire game. I know the chances are slim, but I would LOVE to see Edmonton win one more....:crossfing

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I would like to formally apologize to the entirety of Celtic fandom.
I turned on the game last night to see if they would win the championship in the sweep. It was the only game I've watched so far in a month.

I won't be repeating that mistake.

I'm sorry for what I've done.

I would like to formally apologize to the entirety of Panther fandom.
I turned on the game last night to see if they would win the championship in the sweep. It was the only game I've watched so far in the final.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I would like to formally apologize to the entirety of Panther fandom.
I turned on the game last night to see if they would win the championship in the sweep. It was the only game I've watched so far in the final.

It actually was the first game of the Final that I HAVEN'T watched.

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I am happy to see Edmonton win one. The hockey gods were not happy with how the Panthers were behaving.

If the Oilers can play like that again who knows? They were the better team for the entire game. I know the chances are slim, but I would LOVE to see Edmonton win one more....:crossfing
You do know the Oilers have pulled some dirty shit as well? You are acting like the Panther are alone in how they are "behaving"

Oilers have just as many scumbags ,not sure what the love affair is about coming from Bruin fans.

Florida is a much better team that's why its 3-1

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Yeah, I’m personally stumped as to why every Bruins fan isn’t cheering for Florida, a divisional rival that’s ended their season the last two years. Makes no sense to me.
This Bruins fan has seen way too many Oilers Stanley Cups, and endured the cocky and arrogant attitude of their fans for seemingly decades. I want them crushed in the next game. They are already too close to the Stanley Cup to suit me.

Reactions: GoBs and sooshii

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Yeah, I’m personally stumped as to why every Bruins fan isn’t cheering for Florida, a divisional rival that’s ended their season the last two years. Makes no sense to me.
Why does that matter? Is it so we can console ourselves by thinking, “Hey, we were taken out by the best.”

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
This Bruins fan has seen way too many Oilers Stanley Cups, and endured the cocky and arrogant attitude of their fans for seemingly decades. I want them crushed in the next game. They are already too close to the Stanley Cup to suit me.
I’ve lived in Calgary most of my life, you don’t have to tell me about it. It’s a gross matchup for me personally, I haven’t watched hardly any of it.

Why does that matter? Is it so we can console ourselves by thinking, “Hey, we were taken out by the best.”
I think it’s more the emotional response for some people to being beaten two years in a row by a supremely irritating team full of douchebags.

Reactions: Zillah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad