OT: 2023-2024 News Around The NHL Thread

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So, Washington gets rid of Kuz to then trade for PLD.

Quite the risk there

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Ullmark to Ottawa instantly makes Ottawa a much better hockey team. Korpisalo was awful, absolutely awful. I don't think even Boston's goaltending coaches can fix that guy.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Ullmark to Ottawa instantly makes Ottawa a much better hockey team. Korpisalo was awful, absolutely awful. I don't think even Boston's goaltending coaches can fix that guy.

I think you'll be surprised by Korpisalo when he gets to play behind a good defensive team like Boston. Ottawa's defense is a much bigger problem although nobody wants to admit it, their defensive coverage is that of a junior team.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Ottawa has defensive problems, but I did watch a number of Sens games, and Korpisalo was just bad, bad, bad. Let in a lot of softies.

As bad as he looked with the eye test, the analytics are also dire. His performance this season was most comparable with Jonas Johansson. That's not good company.

Reactions: I am not exposed

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Ottawa has defensive problems, but I did watch a number of Sens games, and Korpisalo was just bad, bad, bad. Let in a lot of softies.

As bad as he looked with the eye test, the analytics are also dire. His performance this season was most comparable with Jonas Johansson. That's not good company.

He was good with LA and the year before with Colombus.

Reactions: I am not exposed

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
He was good with LA and the year before with Colombus.

Maybe, but I wouldn't bank on it. Sure, Ottawa didn't play good team defense, but that wasn't what caused him to let in unscreened muffins from the dot when he was squared up to the shooter, something that I saw happen more than once in my (admittedly limited) Ottawa viewing.

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
Huge fan of the new logos for the Kings and Ducks. The previous Kings logo felt very "early 2010s" in a bad way. Peak boring minimalism.

For Anaheim, I never liked the duck foot logo. The duck goalie mask logo is iconic, they should have never went away from that.

Reactions: RogerRoger

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Maybe, but I wouldn't bank on it. Sure, Ottawa didn't play good team defense, but that wasn't what caused him to let in unscreened muffins from the dot when he was squared up to the shooter, something that I saw happen more than once in my (admittedly limited) Ottawa viewing.

He isn't a goalie that can carry a team when breakdowns happen every game. I think he can be a 1B in this league but needs help which he didn't get in Ottawa. It's a puzzling move by Boston either way and I'm good with that.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
  • Wow
Reactions: 16Skippy

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He isn't a goalie that can carry a team when breakdowns happen every game. I think he can be a 1B in this league but needs help which he didn't get in Ottawa. It's a puzzling move by Boston either way and I'm good with that.
He'll look Vezina caliber in Boston, sadly, that's just what they do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad