Salary Cap: Red Wings 31.1M cap space

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So that's what we have now.

Larkin, DeBrincat, Copp, Compher, Fabbri, Rasmussen - signed.

Chiarot, Määttä, Holl, Petry, Edvinsson, Johansson - signed

Husso & Lyon - signed.

We will sign:
- Seider 8.5M
- Raymond 7.0M
- Veleno 1.6M
- Berggren 1.1M

After these signings, there's 12.9M left.

If you sign Matt Roy for 6.0M - fine.
If you sign Christian Fischer for 1.2M - fine.

Then you have 20 roster players signed. Spots open for 2-3 guys.
- 5.7M in cap space.

You sign both Perron And Kane for league minimum 775k base salary + 35+ bonus incentives of playing 10 games.

Perron Total salary 2.7M, Kane total Salary 5.4M = 2.4M of bonuses will slide to next year.

DeBrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Rasmussen - Compher - Kane
Fabbri - Veleno - Berggren
Perron - Copp - Fischer

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Roy
Määttä - Petry
Johansson - Holl

Husso
Lyon

22-man roster.

But when both Perron and Kane are with 775k base salaries, the cap space will grow towards the deadline, and you can still bolster the team, if they are playoff spot.

If not, then don't bolster. Sell a player like Fabbri, and avoid the bonus slide.

Just a world open for possibilities!

Reactions: lilidk

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
After last draft day and deadline, I said I was done with the team and didn't watch a game until December.

Then the team overachieved and Yzerman did nothing at the deadline.

Then Yzerman dumps Walman and a very good prospect for effectively nothing.

If we go into next season with that roster I'm done with Yzerman. With Ottawa and NJD having actual NHL caliber goaltending that roster will be picking top-10 in the draft.

• Haha
Reactions: MagicMann13

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
For a lowkey move, I hope we upgrade Fischer's spot. The guy was fine, and I appreciate how much he loved being in Detroit, but for a 4th line physical energy guy, I didn't think he was all that physical or all that effective. The forced narrative of Rasmussen/Copp/Fischer being an effective matchup/shutdown line... :rolleyes:

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
For a lowkey move, I hope we upgrade Fischer's spot. The guy was fine, and I appreciate how much he loved being in Detroit, but for a 4th line physical energy guy, I didn't think he was all that physical or all that effective. The forced narrative of Rasmussen/Copp/Fischer being an effective matchup/shutdown line... :rolleyes:
Honestly just use Mazur there, he fits the mold perfectly with more added offense.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
1719520242882.png

Imo, those 1-year 35+ deals for Perron and Kane the cap-key to be strong at oncoming season.

2025-26 cap situation looks much easier, so it won't really be hurt, if sliding those bonuses there.

No one is talking about this possibility.

No podcast.

Time to discuss.

• Haha
Reactions: Shaman464

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think if Kane is taking a contract like that it’s with a Vegas, Florida, Edmonton, NYR type team that will likely go deep into the playoffs next season. If he’s signing with a Detroit level team he and his agent would probably be trying to squeeze out $10-12M over 2 or 3 years I think.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Kane produced at a point per game as in only 35 and said he would play until 40 if healthy, he isn't signing for league minimum for anyone.

On top of that.... With his recent injury history, he and his camp would probably rather get guaranteed money than have to rely on a bonus based on games played or performance.

Reactions: Duane Smith

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
View attachment 888189

Imo, those 1-year 35+ deals for Perron and Kane the cap-key to be strong at oncoming season.

2025-26 cap situation looks much easier, so it won't really be hurt, if sliding those bonuses there.

No podcast.

Time to discuss.
Kane isn’t taking league minimum, Raymond likely gets closer to 8 and Yzerman is trying to keep Ghost. So there is no money for Roy.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kane produced at a point per game as in only 35 and said he would play until 40 if healthy, he isn't signing for league minimum for anyone.

It's not the league minimum.

Can't you guys read?

It's league minimum + something like ~4-5M as bonus (when completing 10 NHL games). Which would slide to next year partially.

Exact carbon copy what Boston did on his last year for Bergeron.

And same for Perron, but in a smaller scale.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
View attachment 888189

No podcast.

Time to discuss.
Honestly...one of the softest least skilled bottom 6s in the league and that goaltending is easily bottom 1/3..

I respect the admiration for Husso but he is simply not good enough..

Reactions: ShelbyZ

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think if Kane is taking a contract like that it’s with a Vegas, Florida, Edmonton, NYR type team that will likely go deep into the playoffs next season. If he’s signing with a Detroit level team he and his agent would probably be trying to squeeze out $10-12M over 2 or 3 years I think.
Around 7 I think

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The last thing I am looking to upgrade with the cap space we have left is a fourth line winger.

Reactions: Snuggs

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Honestly just use Mazur there, he fits the mold perfectly with more added offense.

Sure, if he weighed 30 lbs more....

If Stevie is giving up assets to get rid of Walman, I would hope he uses the cap space for upgrades instead of throwing lightweight AHLers into the lineup. He could've done that without losing Gibson.

All I know is if Stevie throws the same team out there as last season, I ain't watching.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Sure, if he weighed 30 lbs more....

If Stevie is giving up assets to get rid of Walman, I would hope he uses the cap space for upgrades instead of throwing lightweight AHLers into the lineup. He could've done that without losing Gibson.

All I know is if Stevie throws the same team out there as last season, I ain't watching.
I guess forget about any prospects coming in then. Open cap space to pay more money and term for 3rd/4th liners??? Makes sense. Use guys like mazur, Berggren, Marco in our bottom six and use the cap space to upgrade the top half of the lineup. It’s not rocket science

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Speaking of cap space. Does anyone know if we can rely on PuckPedia for cap/contract information once CapFriendly goes down?

My concern is that PuckPedia was purchasing the info from CapFriendly and it all goes away on July 1 or whenever it is that CapFriendly is slated to go down.

I am hoping that if it was the players association feeding the info to CF they will turn to PP themselves, but who knows.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Speaking of cap space. Does anyone know if we can rely on PuckPedia for cap/contract information once CapFriendly goes down?

My concern is that PuckPedia was purchasing the info from CapFriendly and it all goes away on July 1 or whenever it is that CapFriendly is slated to go down.

I am hoping that if it was the players association feeding the info to CF they will turn to PP themselves, but who knows.

Puckpedia will be just fine. Everytime a salary cap website goes down a new one takes it place. It's the way it goes.

Don't forget capgeek was the go to place before capfriendly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad