Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals begin June 6th at TD Garden - CELTICS vs Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Brown with a great game, Brissett needs more minutes with how well he can defend the Pacers compared to Kornet and Tatum improved in the 2nd half, 19 points on 58% shooting for him.

Still didn't love the defense but the Pacers did make tough shots and if a team is going to keep hitting shots against you, forcing them off the three point line and letting them do it with twos is what you want.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Ugly Win but a win. Brown had a real good night unlike Tatum.

Onto Game 3 to Indiana but Haliburton maybe out or injured enough to have a negative effect on his play, if so, that will change this series from a challenge to easy win.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How much will it hurt the Celtics they they will go to the finals not having played even a decent basketball team in over 2 months?

Although the way this payoff is shaping up they'll draw Dallas and Luka and Kyrie will be out

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
How much will it hurt the Celtics they they will go to the finals not having played even a decent basketball team in over 2 months?

Although the way this payoff is shaping up they'll draw Dallas and Luka and Kyrie will be out
I get that Haliburton is hurt now but the Pacers are a good team, they didn’t have a ton of time with a fully healthy Haliburton and Siakam together. Next year it wouldn’t shock me if they finished 2nd in the East. The Cavs with Donovan Mitchell are also a good team.

Are they great teams? No. But the Celtics are the only great team in the East so they were never going to face one.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I get that Haliburton is hurt now but the Pacers are a good team, they didn’t have a ton of time with a fully healthy Haliburton and Siakam together. Next year it wouldn’t shock me if they finished 2nd in the East. The Cavs with Donovan Mitchell are also a good team.

Are they great teams? No. But the Celtics are the only great team in the East so they were never going to face one.

That was sort of the point, the Pacers are not an awful team, but they also would not have been a playoff team in the West, and might have struggled to make the play in game

the East wasn't very good, before the injuries destroyed almost everyone

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That was sort of the point, the Pacers are not an awful team, but they also would not have been a playoff team in the West, and might have struggled to make the play in game

the East wasn't very good, before the injuries destroyed almost everyone
I reserve that “not even decent” title for teams like the Hawks/Bulls. I guess It’s just a matter of splitting hairs over what decent means

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Another bad game from the next Michael Jordan, bad shooting and turns the ball over the possession before the Doncic 3. Ever since i heard Mazz say he would take Edwards over Tatum, i think Ant has played one good game.

I would like Minnesota to pull this off though. Celtics would be favorites against either team but i think Luka and Kyrie could do some damage with making Horford switch on the pick & roll that Minnesota cant.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Another bad game from the next Michael Jordan, bad shooting and turns the ball over the possession before the Doncic 3. Ever since i heard Mazz say he would take Edwards over Tatum, i think Ant has played one good game.

I would like Minnesota to pull this off though. Celtics would be favorites against either team but i think Luke and Kyrie could do some damage with making Horford switch on the pick & roll that Minnesota cant.
It’s ok Horford won’t be on the court late, good luck shooting over Big Zingis

Idk what I’ll do if we get the mavs and lose to Kyrie, would be my most painful loss since the perfect season Pats I think. A once a decade+ kinda sports pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad