Prospect Info: 2023-2024 In The System: Charlotte Checkers, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
why would Guzda be gone? Unless his injury is career ending? I don't know anything about his injury.

I don't see why Guzda and Black can't split the AHL time next year. Or Black could start in the ECHL if we sign a veteran 3rd goalie.

What is Guzda's status in terms of his injury and does he still have a spot in the organization?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I feel like Geraksimyuk will be signed by next season. Hopefully he does well in VHL and maybe gets a KHL call up. He's the other goalie that the Goalie Excellent Department went after ... besides Levi. A key dude to watch this year I think.

He's good. I think he's largely under the radar in the prospect community, but he won't be for much longer. He has good numbers, and with them cutting Guzda loose, that opens the door for him that much more.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Guzda signed a one-year deal with Charlotte.

Sort of hope we can keep him in Charlotte/2 way the following year.

Was thrown into the fire so to speak as a rookie in 2022 in the AHL,
Knight then took a big share of playing time last year and then an injury sidelined him to end the year

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
West Palm Beach
Legit though I like Gabdrakhmanov ... our 7th rounder this year goalie. It says that he is 6'3" but swore it was 6'5" by now. Look at the other dudes in his class and he did well. I mean SKA kinda has the upper hand so Gabda kinda feels special.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Really looking forward to how our guys do in the AHL. I'll especially be following the likes of Vilmanis,
Sawychn, Okuliar, and Ascher. I'd like to see Mike Benning called up to play a few games.

Benning has to produce more in the AHL first. I don't think he's near ready. It's good that he's added some weight, apparently 185 lbs. now, but his role will always be as pp qb/chipping in offensively. He's not even producing enough in the AHL yet, let alone NHL. There's no way he's playing above these 8:

Forsling
Ek
Mikkola
Schmidt
Kulikov
Balinskis
Bjornfot
Boqvist

And there's also Kiersted, although they play different roles.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad