Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Edmonton
I'm thinking more of a Slafs + Mesar + Harris + Kidney/Farrell/1st

So rewarding incompetence?

Losing Ylonen is a nothing burger.

When is he gonna show any of this in the NHL?

Beck and Hutson were the balm that helped soothe my heart.

I don't know if you've been keeping track but the Habs were in the Stanley Cup Finals like 2 seasons ago.

Yeah he's like a bigger dumber Lekhonen.

Slafs has never worked with Suzuki and Caufield.

Fixed it for you.

Yeah, Bergevin shopped at Value Village whilst Hughes shops at Winners.

But many more are apologists for Slafs.

Well could he at least've shown us something in the NHL?

No way is Lindstrom ahead of Kovacevic.

Evans? How the heck is Evans' contract preventing us from anything? You know we will have to pay a 4th line C some money right?

We can give him 9(8?) games right? Let's do that as a reward and then tell him to own the O like Suzuki did in the OHL's playoffs.

I'm thinking he needs plenty of icetime in the ECHL and we pay for some therapy for the kid. He has potential and needs to work things out I'd hate to find out in a couple of years that his life had gone down the skids.

I'm thinking Detroit, Buffalo and Ottawa will probably still underwhelm. I just want the kids to improve and could see a 80pt season for us. Well outta the playoffs.
Put this in the Guinness Book of World Records

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don't know if you've been keeping track but the Habs were in the Stanley Cup Finals like 2 seasons ago.

If you believe one unexpected Cup run during a blighted/distorted COVID year over the past thirty years is being relevant for this storied franchise, then your definition of relevancy is materially different than mine.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
If you believe one unexpected Cup run during a blighted/distorted COVID year over the past thirty years is being relevant for this storied franchise, then your definition of relevancy is materially different than mine.
Habs have been irellevant , the only relevant thing about us is other fans saying how did that team win that game/series with that roster on paper for 20 years straightJesus Christ!!!

I suppose it's nice to be the underdogs but frankly im sick of it

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Some just don't get it Chester, they just don't get it.
One thing, in their defence is they are too young to realize what has been going on for years on end, where we haven't been relevant.....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Every player develops at their own speed. Ylonen drafted in 2018 has played 120 AHL games and 52 NHL games. Last season he did not look out of place skating in the NHL. He is now around 200 pounds and is arguably in the top 5 as best skaters on this team. This is the year he becomes a regular. I promise that if he is waived, he will get snagged up. His time has arrived. 3rd liner with Lehkonen potential.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Every player develops at their own speed. Ylonen drafted in 2018 has played 120 AHL games and 52 NHL games. Last season he did not look out of place skating in the NHL. He is now around 200 pounds and is arguably in the top 5 as best skaters on this team. This is the year he becomes a regular. I promise that if he is waived, he will get snagged up. His time has arrived. 3rd liner with Lehkonen potential.
I don't think we should just dump him like some people claim , he can be a pretty good 3rd liner who actually produces offence like 30-40 points, something the league is moving towards more and more. 3 scoring lines

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
All I know is a bunch of you are going to be in bad shape as the preseason moves along.

Guy had a poor shift and a bunch of posts about how that's actually a core flaw of the guy. Then another shift and he makes a super play and it's posts about how the talent he has overshadows the core flaw. And there's like how many freaking guys playing ?

Like Mailleux holy cow. Guy is a star yesterday. Two days ago he was bad and his defence will keep him out unless he figures it out.

And Slaf. Lol.

I know it's fun hanging off every shift, but Jesus guys, pace yourselves.

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU AS A FARWELL PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCENT FROM DR.MULDER.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Habs need to figure out how to hook up a microphone. Every time I go to watch one of their press conferences I have to crank the volume on my computer to 100. My normal sound is around 6 or 8 for clear audio, I have pretty decent speakers.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
I didn't care for him much last season but then I went back and watched some games and he was better than I remembered. Still nothing I saw made me think he had the grit, defense, good stick etc.. Lehkonen had.

Reactions: Tyson

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Eulonen is a typical bottom sixer without much to offer.

I think he will be a victim of the number of guys. Doubt they waive Armia, Pearson or Gallagher for him, even tho we would all do it.

If he is claimed, which i think he will, we should pretty easily overcome his loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad