Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 5

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is X supposed to be the ghost of Steven Stamkos? LOL
X was Tyler Johnson one year and Kuch won his first Art Ross.

I don't think it has to be anything crazy. IMO, we should try to load up the 2nd line. Point and Kuch can carry a LW.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
X was Tyler Johnson one year and Kuch won his first Art Ross.

I don't think it has to be anything crazy. IMO, we should try to load up the 2nd line. Point and Kuch can carry a LW.

I have a sneaking suspicion we will see Atkinson on one of the scoring lines

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
  • Haha
Reactions: Rschmitz

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If we weren’t going to spend on second line at forward why didn’t we sign a better back up goalie in wedgewood 1.5 aav for two year 🤔 ugh come on Julien

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If we weren’t going to spend on second line at forward why didn’t we sign a better back up goalie in wedgewood 1.5 aav for two year 🤔 ugh come on Julien

Cause that's just dumb? He's not worth twice as much as JJ to sit 70% of the year, what a waste of cap space. Johnsson was fine for the most part, he was let down considerably by the poor defensive start by the team.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
After the season Vatrano just had, there's little chance an offer like that is accepted by Verbeek. Maybe '26 1st, '25 3rd and Gauthier or comparable prospect gets them interested, but not Perbix, a 2nd and a 3rd. Of course, if Tampa was trading those higher level assets, an extension would likely need to be a near certainty as well.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Crosby won’t be available unless PIT is solidly out of playoff contention prior to the trade deadline, and even then, only if he wants to chase another Cup elsewhere.

Assuming the above played out, you’d think TB would be on whatever shortlist he would have. And with the Bolts set to accrue some cap space in-season for the first time in what seems like ages, JBB will probably have both the room and assets needed to get a deal done.

One can dream, at least.

Last edited:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Crosby won’t be available unless PIT is solidly out of playoff contention prior to the trade deadline, and even then, only if he wants to chase another Cup elsewhere.

Assuming the above played out, you’d think TB would be on whatever shortlist he would have. And with the Bolts set to accrue some cap space in-season for the first time in what seems like ages, JBB will probably have both the space and assets needed.

One can dream, at least.
That would be so sick. Brady 2.0

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It'd cost too much (if Crosby didn't force a trade), but that thought did occur to me.

We already have Sheary and Guentzel.
Sergachev for Crosby occurred to me once upon a time. But there has been a fair bit of speculation in Canadian media that Crosby might ask out of Pittsburgh, based on him not signing right away.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019

Assuming the above played out, you’d think TB would be on whatever shortlist he would have. And with the Bolts set to accrue some cap space in-season for the first time in what seems like ages, JBB will probably have both the room and assets needed to get a deal done.

One can dream, at least.
JBB getting Guentzel is such a big brain move for this matter. And holy we already have Sheary too.

The selling point would be so easy, come down south and win another cup with your boys lol.

His choice would probably either be Tampa or Colorado. Probably though Dubas would be more comfortable trading him out west

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well there's definitely going to be a pitch from those guys if he becomes available. That would be an insane get. Guentzel-Crosby-Kucherov hot damn, I don't care what you need to move or what you need to pay to make it fit, if our window is ending, end it on a bang.

It starts by pummeling Pittsburgh every game this season.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh didn't offer him a contract, or he doesn't want to sign one yet? IMO the only reason he'd leave Pittsburgh is if he didn't want to be part of a rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad