Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Problem with Skinner is he's too one dimensional and lives off the PP. The only way he becomes an option IMO is if we don't bring back Stamkos.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
There are literally SO MANY options right now. So much cap space, so many decent players potentially available.

Guentzel would be top priority in my books (yes, Stammer too, but not pay more than 4.25M AAV) + re-sign JJMoser for cheap (bridge)

BUT I'd personally explore what's out there for Cirelli, could get interesting.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Hopefully they can pull off something like this:

Stamkos 4 years at 5 mil/per
Tarasenko 4 years at 5 mil/per
6.5 million to sign a solid defenseman - Montour?
Add in 1 year 800 k for this guy
IMG_0094.png

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Utah also got Marino for two 2nds

i think he has 3 years left at like 4.4 or so

wonder if Utah was interested in Cernak too or just sergy. return obviously wouldn't be as good as what sergy got, but definitely not a negative asset like i've seen some say

i just hate having our top dmen in the last run with this core be 33, 35, and a 26 year old who plays like he's 36

don't bring in mcd and his 6.7 cap hit and dump cernak and his 5.2

gives you a couple more million in cap space to find a top 4 RD and still get some quality forwards

hope jbb's plan works

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I don't really understand what he's saying, but the end sounds like he's planning on making more trades?
I think this is an incredibly convoluted way of JFBB saying he cannot offer Stamkos cap space he is unsure he has because there are other moves he wants to make. This is gonna go to July 1st and after the other moves are done, we offer an even better deal.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I think this is an incredibly convoluted way of JFBB saying he cannot offer Stamkos cap space he is unsure he has because there are other moves he wants to make. This is gonna go to July 1st and after the other moves are done, we offer an even better deal.
I think what he's saying is more trade options are available with teams now that we have more cap space to take on larger contracts?

What larger contract players are teams now calling to trade us?

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
There are literally SO MANY options right now. So much cap space, so many decent players potentially available.

Guentzel would be top priority in my books (yes, Stammer too, but not pay more than 4.25M AAV) + re-sign JJMoser for cheap (bridge)

BUT I'd personally explore what's out there for Cirelli, could get interesting.
Cirelli looks to be 2C for quite a few years to come. Trading him still as it did before today, makes little sense and weakens where they need to be adding.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Cirelli looks to be 2C for quite a few years to come. Trading him still as it did before today, makes little sense and weakens where they need to be adding.
Depends on what's the replacement options for Cirelli would be IMO
From JBB's words, it seems like even more possibilities opened up (via possible trade?) with other teams.
Gonna be an intense couple of days for the Bolts front office

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

I don't really understand what he's saying, but the end sounds like he's planning on making more trades? And teams are now calling us about trading us players with larger cap hits because of the space we have.
Translation for Stamkos: You are not my priority because I want to see what my other options might be. Let’s keep in touch.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Depends on what's the replacement options for Cirelli would be IMO
From JBB's words, it seems like even more possibilities opened up (via possible trade?) with other teams.
Gonna be an intense couple of days for the Bolts front office
There are no better 2C's available, and certainly not at any cheaper price.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Even if Stamkos leaves, Tampa can still move Sheary if needed and end up with a roster configuration like the following
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Guentzel-Cirelli-Tarasenko
Martinook-Paul-Ace
Motte-Glendening-Chaffee
Goncalves

Hedman-Raddysh
McD-Cernak
Moser-Carrier
One of Lilleberg/Crozier

The above is still more than talented enough to make a.run. there are wnty of options to add at F, and if they feel set with Perbix instead on defense. Even more expensive ufa F's in addition to Guentzel could be available. Someone such as Toffoli or JAM should also privide a nice top 6 boost, as would Kane or Arvidsson. As was the case before, JBB no doubt has multiple plans to how to improve the roster, and the clear fact is that Stamkos isn't part of all of them.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Even if Stamkos leaves, Tampa can still move Sheary if needed and end up with a roster configuration like the following
Hagel-Point-Kuch
Guentzel-Cirelli-Tarasenko
Martinook-Paul-Ace
Motte-Glendening-Chaffee
Goncalves

Hedman-Raddysh
McD-Cernak
Moser-Carrier
One of Lilleberg/Crozier

The above is still more than talented enough to make a.run. there are wnty of options to add at F, and if they feel set with Perbix instead on defense. Even more expensive ufa F's in addition to Guentzel could be available. Someone such as Toffoli or JAM should also privide a nice top 6 boost, as would Kane or Arvidsson. As was the case before, JBB no doubt has multiple plans to how to improve the roster, and the clear fact is that Stamkos isn't part of all of them.
This team is not better than with Stamkos on it lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad