Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
we should pass on Guentzel and try and go after a big time RHD
If they could get Kane cheap then I'd say take a pass on Jake and sign one if the better RD FA, but we just had too much money tied up on defence, we might not wanna do the same by signing another Dman to 6.5+

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
we should pass on Guentzel and try and go after a big time RHD
agreed

Montour (big time pass), Roy, Sean Walker and Tanev are the best RHD in UFA unless i missed someone

haven't watched too much of Roy and Walker to give an opinion on. do know colorado wasn't impressed with walker after the trade

Roy will probably be a little to much for our liking. Carrier will come in at less than 4m
he'd be good too

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Trade Perbix and waive Sheary to add another 1.975 if not claimed. They'd have 18.475. Guentzel would be great, but they could also sign a nigher impact RD such as Roy, Walker, Carrier etc, extend Stamkos, and still add a very good F such as Teräväinen, JAM, Duchene, Toffoli etc, or go after 2 guys like Sprong, Tarasenko, Noesen, Amadio, Martinook,.Roslovic, Duclair etc. They definitely have the flexibility now, and hopefully will have a little more

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Maybe something like this
snip (75).png

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
That probably close to what it would look like.

I don't think we can afford to dump anyone else at this point. We do need to fill out a roster. Cirelli stays. Cernak stays. I think even Shesry probably stays and goes on the 3rd line with Paul.

What about Skinner buy out or Maroon league minimum? We do need some type of toughness after losing Jeannot.
Watson could probably be brought back for a reasonable contract to cover the toughness as he seemed to be preferred over Jeannot last season.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
With Demelo having been re-signed I'm not interested in any of the remaining RD free agents. Fill out on offense IMO, our defense should be back to being top 10 again

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Hedman-Raddysh
Mcdonagh-Cernak
Moser-Perbix

i have no problems with our D. top 4 is strong. perbix can be upgraded at the deadline if he sucks again

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Hedman-Raddysh
Mcdonagh-Cernak
Moser-Perbix

i have no problems with our D. top 4 is strong. perbix can be upgraded at the deadline if he sucks again
I honestly think thats awful (maybe awful is too strong of a word)

Unless the big three can play like they did 3-4 years ago.

Hedman is still really good, but father time always wins. Gotta have a better partner for him.

McD looked done his last year here, but apparently had a resurgence in Nashville. But dude is 35. Can't expect the same as guy when he was 30-31.

Cernak has looked downright bad since #27 left. Injuries taking their toll? Will #27 being back help elevate him to the old Cernak? Certainly hope so.

Third pair is whatever. Never seen Moser play, but seems more than passable as a 3LD.

I just see another dcore that is gonna struggle to get the puck out of our zone and to our forwards effectively so we can be a better even strength team.

Reactions: Soul Assumption

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Hedman is still really good, but father time always wins. Gotta have a better partner for him.

McD looked done his last year here, but apparently had a resurgence in Nashville. But dude is 35. Can't expect the same as guy when he was 30-31.

Cernak has looked downright bad since #27 left. Injuries taking their toll? Will #27 being back help elevate him to the old Cernak? Certainly hope so.

Third pair is whatever. Never seen Moser play, but seems more than passable as a 3LD.

I just see another dcore that is gonna struggle to get the puck out of our zone and to our forwards effectively so we can be a better even strength team.

Really? I think the only guy who's questionable is Perbix, Moser and Raddysh are both top 4 caliber D

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

hedman and raddysh were destroying competition together this season i don't see any reason for it to stop. mcdonagh has still been good and cernak is still young enough to bounce back.

there is risk to the second pair i guess but our defense wasn't THAT bad even without sergachev last year so i don't see how adding mcdonagh and moser can be anything but a good thing. lilleberg and crozier are waiting in the wings as well so there's a lot of options if someone falls off.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Our offense is dog water. The Lightning are best described as a one time team that is completely dependent on one player and plays 45 minutes a night of rope-a-dope unless it's time for their power play (that stands completely still mind you) to try for the Stamkos one timer. If Kucherov wasn't bagging 100 points a season we wouldn't even be making the playoffs. We need a top 6 winger who is ACTUALLY a winger, not sticking centers up and down the lineup like band aids. We desperately need someone like Guentzel, not a freaking depth defender. McDonagh and Hedman aren't leaving the ice like ever. We might as well have spent the last 2 years smacking the hood of a car saying "This team gets so much Cirelli per gallon!" like it's an accomplishment. Cool dude. We score a bunch of goals but don't control the game in any fashion

Change the identity already. This isn't working. Cup or bust. End of story

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Watson could probably be brought back for a reasonable contract to cover the toughness as he seemed to be preferred over Jeannot last season.
Watson only played in garbage time, I don't get the sense he was valued all that much. Honestly wouldn't shock me if they reach out to Maroon instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad