2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Of the remaining players I really wouldn't mind seeing the Blues go after Henrique and Kylington if we can find someone to take Krug. I would sign them both to one year deals and hope to flip them at TDL.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Also does anyone find it weird that their hasn't been any kind of statement from Army today? Usually after day there is some kind of press. Even last year when we did nothing Army came out to talk to media near the end of the day but this year all I have seen is recycled quotes from the draft by the Blues media guys.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Also does anyone find it weird that their hasn't been any kind of statement from Army today? Usually after day there is some kind of press. Even last year when we did nothing Army came out to talk to media near the end of the day but this year all I have seen is recycled quotes from the draft by the Blues media guys.
Not really, he already told us he wasn’t going to do anything today. I also believe he is still working on making changes via trade so I would imagine he will address it in due time.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
He kind of did in reverse order as a part of his post draft interview, stating that we wouldn't be very active at the opening of free agency

Reactions: STLegend

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I do think we will see a trade sometime this week.

Armstrong’s quote about Krug and Faulk is “They are still under contract. That’s all I can really say.” I think that was all he said. That’s kind of a telling quote considering he didn’t bother trying to talk positively about them such as saying something like “we believe they will bounce back next season.” There was none of that. Maybe it means nothing and he just didn’t say that because the fanbase would have blown up at him if he did, but there has to be at least one move coming IMO.

Reactions: tfriede2

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I do think we will see a trade sometime this week.

Armstrong’s quote about Krug and Faulk is “They are still under contract. That’s all I can really say.” I think that was all he said. That’s kind of a telling quote considering he didn’t bother trying to talk positively about them such as saying something like “we believe they will bounce back next season.” There was none of that. Maybe it means nothing and he just didn’t say that because the fanbase would have blown up at him if he did, but there has to be at least one move coming IMO.
When did he say this?

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
When did he say this?
Like a couple days ago. Slight correction, I thought he had said it about Krug and Faulk in particular but I guess it was about the entire unit. But, I think we can read between the lines that they are the most likely ones to be shopped. This is the blurb in JR’s recent article:

Trading one of the Blues’ defensemen — a move that could both change the look of the roster and unlock other potential moves — also isn’t a guarantee. Internally, the team is aware that it may have to return the same unit.

“They’re all under contract,” Armstrong said last week. “We’re just going to wait and see how it goes in July and August. That’s all I can really say.”

Reactions: Celtic Note

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
The Blues' stable of signed, non-roster players has never looked better. List from CF.

Forwards:
Stenberg
Dvorsky
Kaskimäki
Pekarcik
Sylvergärd
Peterson
Robertsson
Stancl
Bolduc
Dean
Dickinson
MacEachern
Laferrière
McGing
Abramov

Defensemen:
Lindstein
Malmström
Johannessen
Lööf
Buchinger
Biakabutuka
Gaudet
Kessel
Skinner

Goalies:
Zherenko
Cranley
Ellis

Reactions: Mike Liut

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Like a couple days ago. Slight correction, I thought he had said it about Krug and Faulk in particular but I guess it was about the entire unit. But, I think we can read between the lines that they are the most likely ones to be shopped. This is the blurb in JR’s recent article:

Trading one of the Blues’ defensemen — a move that could both change the look of the roster and unlock other potential moves — also isn’t a guarantee. Internally, the team is aware that it may have to return the same unit.

“They’re all under contract,” Armstrong said last week. “We’re just going to wait and see how it goes in July and August. That’s all I can really say.”

Context and tone make a big difference, but when I read that I thought just was pretty damning.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
The Blues' stable of signed, non-roster players has never looked better. List from CF.

Forwards:
Stenberg
Dvorsky
Kaskimäki
Pekarcik
Sylvergärd
Peterson
Robertsson
Stancl
Bolduc
Dean
Dickinson
MacEachern
Laferrière
McGing
Abramov

Defensemen:
Lindstein
Malmström
Johannessen
Lööf
Buchinger
Biakabutuka
Gaudet
Kessel
Skinner

Goalies:
Zherenko
Cranley
Ellis

We need a couple defenders to pan out

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
Not sure what the oilers plan on doing but they are pushing the cap with a few bodies to sign. If they want to unload McLeod(they don’t, he’s cheap) i think he’s a pretty good third liner.

Last edited:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

Thanks. I had not heard or seen that…or I did and wasn’t paying attention.

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
At this point im not really looking to give up an elite asset to move on from the Krug deal. Unless we can swap him for a similar negative value player we just need to hold him another year or two until the cost to move on comes down. The best bet with a lot of these vet contracts is just let another year tick off their deals this season. Sure, if we can get positive value from Faulk or Leddy im all for it, but giving up assets just to move on from a player, so then we can give up more assets in a trade with another team to fill/improve the hole is just chasing our tail. We dont need to 'fix' this team this season, just keep acquiring assets, give our prospects another year to marinate, secure a top ten pick next season and embrace the suck. A contined step back this season will propel us forward in coming years.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad