2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wouldn't be 100% against Zadorov, would have to be the right deal though. A deal 100% off of his playoff performance is a no-go, but maybe something that views him for what he is in the regular season and a tad extra for his playoff performance.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Friedman says that some expect the Blues to be active. Rutherford says the Blues are expeccted to be quiet.

1719792116806.png

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Stevenson feels like he could be our target.
Prefer a trade target like William Karlsson as Brian has suggested but you haven't heard his name much in trade rumors. A serviceable FA center is going to want too much term/dollars whereas Karlsson fits better on our time horizon if we're trying to do this pseudo compete thing while our top prospects marinate.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Prefer a trade target like William Karlsson as Brian has suggested but you haven't heard his name much in trade rumors. A serviceable FA center is going to want too much term/dollars whereas Karlsson fits better on our time horizon if we're trying to do this pseudo compete thing while our top prospects marinate.
He isn’t in rumors because Stephenson and Marchessault are both hitting the market and likely to walk, it looks like. So they don’t need to be trading Karlsson anymore, that would have been a cap move.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I could see that, depending on what Vegas does with stamkos or someone else higher end.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Stephenson doesn't do it for me, especially if he's expected to get 5x5+.
100% depends on the contract. I'd pass if he wants 5 years. Analytics are typically good on forwards, and he had a down year last season according to some of them. I'd pay a premium to get him on a 3 year deal though.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
100% depends on the contract. I'd pass if he wants 5 years. Analytics are typically good on forwards, and he had a down year last season according to some of them. I'd pay a premium to get him on a 3 year deal though.
My worry is that Stephenson is another passenger player that's going to rely on linemates to lift him up. We need difference makers, drivers.

Reactions: Blueston

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
My worry is that Stephenson is another passenger player that's going to rely on linemates to lift him up. We need difference makers, drivers.
For forwards right now I disagree.

Gotta give the younger players an opportunity and supplement them with players who can be net positives for the short but not long term.

That’s why the Kapanen, Vrana, and Hayes acquisitions were done.

Defense is a different story, though. Defensemen take longer to develop and the Blues don’t really have any one in house who is young that can resolve the top 4 dilemma. Acquiring someone who could for the long-term via trade or FA would be ideal.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
We’re going to “help” Vegas land Marner by receiving Petro and Karlsson aren’t we??!?
This board would explode.

For forwards right now I disagree.

Gotta give the younger players an opportunity and supplement them with players who can be net positives for the short but not long term.

Defense is a different story, though. Defensemen take longer to develop and the Blues don’t really have any one in house who is young that can resolve the top 4 dilemma. Acquiring someone who could for the long-term via trade or FA would be ideal.

To me that's not good justification for making a similar move for a guy who's looking for a long-term deal.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I agree with that. This market is very underwhelming and I think contending teams are going to be overspending like crazy on mid-level players. That's not a market I think we need to be involved in right now.
Don’t get me wrong I’d be down to spend on a guy like Stamkos for 3 years, but other moves would have to be made for me to even see the purpose of doing that.

This team is either going to be picking top 10 or be a WC team with little shot of making it past round 1. Still likely another season or 2 away from making some noise in the POs.

Reactions: Drubilly

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We’re going to “help” Vegas land Marner by receiving Petro and Karlsson aren’t we??!?

If we bring Pietro back, I'm going to be furious. And I'm the VP of his fan club. To not sign him then, but to take the contract we wouldn't give him back at the tail end would be dumb. That contract was always going to be better on the front half. Then we are going to pay assets to get the back half only? There would have to be retention, or payment to take it on now.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
If we bring Pietro back, I'm going to be furious. And I'm the VP of his fan club. To not sign him then, but to take the contract we wouldn't give him back at the tail end would be dumb. That contract was always going to be better on the front half. Then we are going to pay assets to get the back half only? There would have to be retention, or payment to take it on now.

Yeah, the only argument I could make for bringing him back would be to help mentor the next generation of Blues defense. Think of what Bouw did for Parayko. Would have to move Faulk first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad