2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Barring any big trades, FA signings or major defensive improvements with Julian and Bannister having time with the roster in camp, this team could very well be worse in the standings than the previous season. I feel like that would go a long way to improving the future core.

Could be worse if Binny doesn’t steal 15 games again.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Barring any big trades, FA signings or major defensive improvements with Julian and Bannister having time with the roster in camp, this team could very well be worse in the standings than the previous season. I feel like that would go a long way to improving the future core.
If we trade Buch, do nothing to the defense, and only bring in mid to low level FAs to fill out the roster, I think we'd be looking at another 10th OA at next year's draft.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If we trade Buch, do nothing to the defense, and only bring in mid to low level FAs to fill out the roster, I think we'd be looking at another 10th OA at next year's draft.

That wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. One more down year before we start making our ascend

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Agreed. If it happens and we’re slated to pick top 10 by the deadline, maybe we try to ship off
Would we have any interest in Adam Boqvist on a cheap deal? Still young and just got bought out.
No more reclamation projects for me.

Reactions: Frenzy31

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
After Army whipped out his actuary calculator and said they’re saving real dollars, I immediately thought of Krug’s hefty upcoming salary. I wonder if they’re eating some of that real cheddar to move Krug and actually get something of worth in return. Just me speculating in the pool and sun. No IPAs though. Maybe a mojito soon. I’ll keep ya’ll posted

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I’m not sure which thread we are using to talk free agent stuff. I’m thinking we persue Monohan, Druin, and Teravainen. I also think we pick up another middle 6 guy in a trade.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I think Wennberg is the realistic target. Not saying I would agree with it, though.

Yeah, I would agree Wennberg is more realistic than Monahan and Stephenson, who will likely get more offers. I can't see the Blues winning and bidding wars for the top guys, but we will pick off some mid-hanging fruit like we usually do.

I had the thought yesterday that I could see Edmundson brought back if they are looking for short-term veteran d-men. Or Perron. Or Bortuzzo. Or everyone, let's get the band back together!

Reactions: mk80

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Let’s give Hayes’ money to Zadorov. I’d love to add some size and toughness on our back end.
He's reportedly asking for way too much. IMO opinion he's not a top 4 defenseman, however would be a really nice 3rd pairing guy. Having said that: I'm not comfortable giving 5/6 million a year to a 3rd pairing guy.

Reactions: Blueston

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
He's reportedly asking for way too much. IMO opinion he's not a top 4 defenseman, however would be a really nice 3rd pairing guy. Having said that: I'm not comfortable giving 5/6 million a year to a 3rd pairing guy.

I’d go 4x4 or possible 4.5 x4. Maybe 5 years. That’s my max offer.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
We'll see if he gets the big offer he's looking for right away. If he doesn't get signed right away (first day of free agency), I'm guessing his price will come down.

Not saying we should absolutely sign him, but he is worth considering. I don't think he's Top 4 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad