Prospect Info: 2023 1st Rd Selection - #28 OA (via BOS, WSH) - C, Easton Cowan [London Knights, OHL; [Height 5.11 -- Weight 185]

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Cowan needs to bulk up and get stronger in addition to improving his skating.

The Leafs have had way too many undersized and mediocre skating forwards over the past half decade.
This is how I feel as well. We have enough guys who can play on the outside saucing passes across the rink.

The organization should be trying to trade some of this undersized talent for some guys who can play on the inside. There's nothing wrong with that asset management.

Reactions: Donnie740

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
This is how I feel as well. We have enough guys who can play on the outside saucing passes across the rink.

The organization should be trying to trade some of this undersized talent for some guys who can play on the inside. There's nothing wrong with that asset management.
Let’s dump Cowan. Who needs a runt in the lineup that can’t achieve anything. It’s obvious based on his OHL performance that he will never amount to anything. Cowan for Rempe is a good value deal. Awesome asset management.

Reactions: Pebble live

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I've been beating this drum since the he was drafted but yeah the kid needs to cook more in the OHL.

He is a great player that has benefited from being part of a great London program. Works hard, has skill, etc. However, the jump up is just too much at this time. Send him to London, they should have a great season and compete for another title... He can bulk up, work on some individual skill and come back to camp next year bigger and more dynamic.

Reactions: Marlow88

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Will London be playing Easton Cowan more as a winger or a centre this year?
He's had time at both spots, and probably will again this year. His future in the NHL is likely as a winger though.

He needs to become more physically mature, improve his skating, and work on the other areas the Leafs coaching staff will have told him to.

Reactions: Marlow88

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Why does Seattle do this?
Just a suggestion that they should upgrade center position with someone young and has potential. Could be Catton or Dvorsky/Bourque pretty much anyone under 22 with some potential still to improve. Seattle probably would not want to trade but might able to get equal or close to same value of center back in a trade to team who needs a winger instead.

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I thought people would turn on Cowan because he didn’t make an immediate impact in the NHL but didn’t think people would be pushing him out the door this soon. It’s Nick Robertson all over again.

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I thought people would turn on Cowan because he didn’t make an immediate impact in the NHL but didn’t think people would be pushing him out the door this soon. It’s Nick Robertson all over again.

Not making the NHL as a 19 year old far away from the top of the draft at that is for sure a good way to make people want you traded.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is his skating bad?
I haven't seen him much but did see him get a few breakaways/ just kinda blaze by people
In the pre season.

He could improve his first few strides and probably his agility with the puck, which can be said for the majority of players, but overall his skating is good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad