Prospect Info: 2023 1st Rd Selection - #28 OA (via BOS, WSH) - C, Easton Cowan [London Knights, OHL; [Height 5.11 -- Weight 185]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
1717872309897.png

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Perhaps people are confusing him for someone else?

He said he models his game after Kadri, not exactly a marner comparison.
I don't think he will be Marner replacement but some have mentioned if Marner gets traded then Cowan will get NHL time which I don't think so. Another year in OHL and who knows.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Strength, not size would be the issue.

Smaller NHLers than he is.
I have a friend from Strathroy, On and he told me his daughter was his classmate in their younger days. Kid has some sauce in him...threw something at a teacher who was picking on him....I like the spiciness. We need that here.

Reactions: ULF_55

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I sure hope he doesn’t model himself after Marner……oh wait Cowan actually shows up for the playoffs

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
How are you going to find a better player then a 100 point winger for 5.5 million?

We can improve the team trading marner but it’s going to be by adding multiple players.
What we are seeing in the playoffs is Goal is the most important position and toughness is critical. Marner is RW, probably the least important position. By letting Marner go we are talking about building the team differently. The record clearly shows this is the most talented loser team in NHL history. Also proving they are overpaid for padding their stats in the reg season. Marner may not get 100 pts under the Berube system. Go poll other teams and find out how many think he is worth $12 Million. Only some Leaf fans, who enjoy losing, think that. This team is nowhere close to winning a cup. Something must give. Dont worry, the Leafs record as the biggest loser franchise in pro sports will never be broken now.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Absolutely.

I've been saying that for a few years at least now.

That Marner, before the money, is a player you keep. The other one...
Last playoff before his signing wasn't great. Good regular season but he struggled once the matchups settled in. Then he was really poor vs. CLB in his first big money season

Reactions: arso40

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Absolutely.

I've been saying that for a few years at least now.

That Marner, before the money, is a player you keep. The other one...

The Marner after Lamorello left you mean. It's when Matthews and Marner started looking at themselves as businesses and icons and celebrities instead of players on a TEAM.

It really all comes down to the culture Dubas made a point in dismantling and the culture he made a point to replace it with.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
If he becomes anything like Marner we should be jumping for joy.

Marner still a great player. Significantly overpaid but that doesn't take away his talent
If he had Marners skill and Cowans drive and stones he would be ideal

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I don't think he will be Marner replacement but some have mentioned if Marner gets traded then Cowan will get NHL time which I don't think so. Another year in OHL and who knows.

Cowan is going to be with the leafs. There’s nothing left for him to do in junior except play Center full time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad