Prospect Info: [2023 - 110th] Bogdan Konyushkov (KHL - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I feel Bogdan is in the same boat as Engstrom. Both are top pairing youngsters putting up good points in ow scoring leagues. Because they’re overseas I feel they get looked over crimanlly often

For Engstom, I will talk for me but I don’t think I’m the only one, where waiting to see what he’s gonna do in the AHL before getting excited about him since so many players look good when they plays in euro league and when they arrived in NA we quickly see that the NA game is not make for them.

For Bogdan, personally I will always doubt about a small Dmen with no Elite quality, especially if his skating is not elite

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's tough to make money in Russia even on selling the KHL matches to TV audience, but they still try. Selling MHL and VHL is absolutely unrealistic. So they just promote hockey with the leagues broadcasting.

I'm grateful that they do it, having access to watch any Hab prospect in the VHL or MHL in 1080 HD vs the overpriced crap streams that I have to pay for if I want to watch the CHL as often their streams are shit quality or 720 if you are lucky yet they charge an arm and a leg.

I have heard rumors on twitter that they might be making changes so I hope they don't stop showing them on youtube.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That is so strange.

Hopefully some quality video of him shows up somewhere as there are very polarized opinions on his skating and the clips that I have watched are poor quality from poor angles and poor camera work.

Thanks for the response and just know that your efforts are extremely appreciated.

I might be able to put up the exhibition game he just played over the weekend, there's some kind of loophole that lets me post preseason or exhibition games. If you look at the vid I did in May when Slaf was at the WC's, they let me post a vid of his exhibition game but that was it, any WC games were blocked from posting them. Same goes for the vid I just posted that you replied to, that game is an exhibition for the Champions League tournament but once that starts in 2 weeks they won't let me post anything.

I will work on it on and should have something in a hour or two.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I might be able to put up the exhibition game he just played over the weekend, there's some kind of loophole that lets me post preseason or exhibition games. If you look at the vid I did in May when Slaf was at the WC's, they let me post a vid of his exhibition game but that was it, any WC games were blocked from posting them. Same goes for the vid I just posted that you replied to, that game is an exhibition for the Champions League tournament but once that starts in 2 weeks they won't let me post anything.

I will work on it on and should have something in a hour or two.

Thank you!!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1000008795.jpg

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Igor Larionov (Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod Head Coach) about Bogdan Konyushkov:

''Bogdan, in my opinion, is becoming a solid and reliable player! I don't want to get ahead of myself by praising him too much... We often expect young players to progress, but sometimes life pushes them back. Bogdan is a serious young man! And I believe in his potential to reach the level of players like Mikhail Sergachev, Nikita Kucherov, Artemi Panarin, Kirill Kaprizov, Alex Ovechkin, or Evgeni Malkin, as he dreams! I know he has the skills and intelligence to be a valuable player for the Montreal team in the future!''

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Small though, doubt he has much of a future in Montreal. Konyushkov probably future trade chip. Given Hutson is a lock.

I think it might not be a good idea to have both him and Hutson in the top 6.

But a lot can happen with the salary cap. We may not be able to keep all 6 of Guhle, Matheson, hutson, Reinbacher, Xhekaj, Mailloux. So his entry level cap hit may make him a piece in the puzzle. But yes, I think his fate most likely is the same as Harris'. But it's good to have options.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

But a lot can happen with the salary cap. We may not be able to keep all 6 of Guhle, Matheson, hutson, Reinbacher, Xhekaj, Mailloux. So his entry level cap hit may make him a piece in the puzzle. But yes, I think his fate most likely is the same as Harris'. But it's good to have options.
I was just going by size. Never seen him play so I don't know for sure.

I like big physical mobile defense. Given Hutson is here to stay. Way we should be trending.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013

How can you even try to prognosticate what will happen in 2 full years from now? We don't even know what the defence will look like in 3 weeks at training camp. Anything can happen.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How can you even try to prognosticate what will happen in 2 full years from now? We don't even know what the defence will look like in 3 weeks at training camp. Anything can happen.

Yes, that's the point, you can make long term sketches. But they're only sketches. Things change a lot. Player development, long term injuries, trades, the salary cap, etc...

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Hutson is not a sure thing, even Hughes says it. He will have to prove he can be a complete D. Barron is so overlooked, it has no sense. Barron is a 22 years old Petry or Matheson kind of D. Big, mobile, offensively gifted, but needs to improve decision making with the puck, like Petry and Matheson at that age. I don't understand why so many are down on him, unable to project and be patient. Turning 23 in November, obviously he needs to take a step up this year, but he has all the tools.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Guys like him, Engstrom, Beck, Kapanen, etc. will give us a lot of options going forward. Will also push our top prospects to work harder and not take things for granted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad