Prospect Info: [2023 - 101st] Florian Xhekaj (OHL - Brantford Bulldogs)

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
At this point, won't be surprised if mama Xhekaj is the next CEO at Costco.
"Or Else."
arber-xhekaj-xhekaj.gif

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
When they moved him to C last year, I was absolutely floored with his poise with the puck. His decision making was very good. I felt like I could count on one hand how many bad decisions with the puck he made. I wouldn’t say cerebral but just doesn’t do dumb things with the play on his stick.

When he went on that tear at the end he started to flash some pretty damn impressive skill. Very confident with the puck. If not insanely fast, he was pretty damn smooth skater.

He’s an NHLer no doubt. I don’t think he can leap frog into the top 6 but damn if he ever finds himself there, I doubt he’d be that out of place

Reactions: dralaf and Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
When they moved him to C last year, I was absolutely floored with his poise with the puck. His decision making was very good. I felt like I could count on one hand how many bad decisions with the puck he made. I wouldn’t say cerebral but just doesn’t do dumb things with the play on his stick.

When he went on that tear at the end he started to flash some pretty damn impressive skill. Very confident with the puck. If not insanely fast, he was pretty damn smooth skater.

He’s an NHLer no doubt. I don’t think he can leap frog into the top 6 but damn if he ever finds himself there, I doubt he’d be that out of place

His athleticism for his size is something else. Add that he's a bulldog and just enjoys being mean, at 6'4"... And the thing I enjoy the most about the new wave of prospects vs the Timmins picks: they understand the game. Yeah, he's an NHLer.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
His athleticism for his size is something else. Add that he's a bulldog and just enjoys being mean, at 6'4"... And the thing I enjoy the most about the new wave of prospects vs the Timmins picks: they understand the game. Yeah, he's an NHLer.

What I like about the new philosophy is that they draft guys who have unique traits in the later rounds. Wether it's a booming shot, being hyper physical, having great puck skills...something to build your game around of.

This is how you manage to get a Kucherov or a Point.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
What I like about the new philosophy is that they draft guys who have unique traits in the later rounds. Wether it's a booming shot, being hyper physical, having great puck skills...something to build your game around of.

But what if we miss out on the next Ryan White ?

• Haha
Reactions: Leto and DAChampion

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

World of difference instead of going for the Nikolas Koberstein of this world

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad