Prospect Info: Florian Xhekaj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Mysak being a finesse player is only true in a universe where you can be big or be finesse. No inbetween.

Mysak is a smart hard working player with decent but limited skills. He may yet become what he can be, which is a decent to good 4th liner.

He always had a little scoring touch to his game.

Now he's on pace for 23 goals over 82 games in the AHL at 21.

I look forward to seeing what he does next year. It's too bad we burned one of his AHL years before he goes on waivers just to play 22 games, when he could have just had a full season in the ohl. Now next year is his last year before waivers.

Reactions: themilosh

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He always had a little scoring touch to his game.

Now he's on pace for 23 goals over 82 games in the AHL at 21.

I look forward to seeing what he does next year. It's too bad we burned one of his AHL years before he goes on waivers just to play 22 games, when he could have just had a full season in the ohl. Now next year is his last year before waivers.
Mysak has made huge strides this season. He competes hard and shows a surprising amount of grit. He could develop into a decent 4th line center.

Reactions: themilosh

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Jesus. Florian Xhekaj upside isn't as a 4th liner. Sure maybe he ends up there and yes, a 6 foot 4 C even on the 4th line would be a nice add. But this kid has abilities that if the"ifs" come together, will be more than a 4th liner. Another young player who is fun to follow.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Jesus. Florian Xhekaj upside isn't as a 4th liner. Sure maybe he ends up there and yes, a 6 foot 4 C even on the 4th line would be a nice add. But this kid has abilities that if the"ifs" come together, will be more than a 4th liner. Another young player who is fun to follow.
I think a 4th liner nowadays isn't expected just to be a goon/energy guy. I dream of a 4th line that plays heavy and spends time in the opponents end and chips in here and there. I think if Florian becomes that player, I'll be happy.

I just don't see him becoming much more because of his skating, and while he's scoring a bunch right now, I don't see him as a natural scorer.

I see him as a nasty version of Joel Armia with less deking ability.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I think a 4th liner nowadays isn't expected just to be a goon/energy guy. I dream of a 4th line that plays heavy and spends time in the opponents end and chips in here and there. I think if Florian becomes that player, I'll be happy.

I just don't see him becoming much more because of his skating, and while he's scoring a bunch right now, I don't see him as a natural scorer.

North, South, go to the front of the net and more than a little nasty. Nothing wrong with an fully grown Gally.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Mysak has made huge strides this season. He competes hard and shows a surprising amount of grit. He could develop into a decent 4th line center.
I wonder if he's got what it takes to displace Jake Evans eventually.
If there is one area I want to see a significant upgrade in it's 3C and 4C.
Beck is a surefire part of the solution and can possibly displace someone as early as next season.
I've seen enough of Evans to know he isn't a long time solution.
He has not moved the needle on that PK in two seasons plus.
The rebuild has to continue and the replaceable parts are numerous in that bottom 6.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wonder if he's got what it takes to displace Jake Evans eventually.
If there is one area I want to see a significant upgrade in it's 3C and 4C.
Beck is a surefire part of the solution and can possibly displace someone as early as next season.
I've seen enough of Evans to know he isn't a long time solution.
He has not moved the needle on that PK in two seasons plus.
The rebuild has to continue and the replaceable parts are numerous in that bottom 6.
Mysak is 21...seems like he has been around forever

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Evans is a good 4th liner and has shown significant improvement year on year. He is out of place on a 2nd line, but he is a luxury on a 4th. I could see an argument for a cheaper 4th line, but not because of who he is as a player.

Lots of bad faith around here. Blaming him for not improving the PK? He does a good job out there.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON

exactly this^
In todays NHL, there is a Top 6 (stars and draft luck) and bottom 6 (developed prospects) fit into required need. the gap has majorly narrowed between 3rd and 4th liners, which is why development (cap management) is so important to be competitive year in year out. the stronger your bottom 6 are, the more money you can spend on top 6 quality.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
empty net goal but he scored from deep in his own zone.
8hrvgr.jpg

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Could be good physical 4th line center for us. May fit in well with our culture as Beck is project good defensive center. Danault like.

Ad

Ad

Ad