Speculation: 2022 UFA class extension watch

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It would be insane to see what Barkov could get in the open market but I see no way in hell he moves. Panthers are a very good team and the location is not too shabby along with the tax breaks he gets . Bergeron is the one of the bunch that is for sure not going anywhere . Unless something catastrophic happens he will retire a Bruin .

Just like Chara.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, Meier's got an insane QO.

My bold prediction is that one of Ryan Strome or Vincent Trocheck will be a Cane by next offseason, based on whichever one is willing to take a contender's contract. IMO, Trocheck either takes the hometown discount to stick around in Carolina, somewhere around a 5x5.5M, or gets regally overpaid in UFA. For some reason, I suspect that Pittsburgh or Vegas could give him the Kevin Hayes pact.

Assuming Malkin reups, which seems borderline nailed on, I don't think we've got the roster spot or cap to do that with Trocheck.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Both PK Subban and Patrice Bergeron signs with Montreal.

Subban to finish his career with the team who drafted him, and to replace the man he was traded for.
Bergeron to play with Quebec's team and mentoring Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

Both at league minimum obviously

(plz)
pretty safe to say bergeron will retire a bruin .

Reactions: Hookslide

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Ryan Pulock - Leafs 3 years 5.5 per

If Ryan Pulock would have signed for 6MAAV for UFA years (much less 5.5M), he'd already be on a longer extension with NYI. He's going to cost between 6.5 and 8MAAV on an extension. I believe NYI will make him their number #1 priority. They didn't have the salary cap room to buy his UFA years before, but they are on track.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Next year could be interesting as a number of the UFA's are at the age where they need to take a pay cut if they want to play with a contending team. Guys like Giroux, Subban, Pavelski. On the list above, I would be shocked if the following didn't re-sign with their existing teams: Malkin, Letang, Bergeron, Barkov, Brown, Coutourier. The rest are all ones that could easily test free agency.
Evgeni Malkin - extension at current rate
Marc-André Fleury - retires
Patrice Bergeron - 2 or 3 year extension at current rate
Aleksander Barkov - long term, 9-10 M per year
Colton Parayko - long term, $9M at least, unless his injury related issues persist.
Sean Couturier - long term (5 years?), 8M per year
John Klingberg - long term 8-9M per year.​
9 MILLION FOR PARAYKO???

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Jones, Werenski, Nurse, Hamilton all got over 9. Parayko had a bad year but considering yearly inflation, an expected bounce back, and his all around effectiveness all over the ice, 9M isn't unrealistic at all.
I'd also say all of those guys are better AND younger than parayko... 7.5 tops - he's 29 next season

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Evgeni Malkin - Re-signs 3x9M
P.K. Subban - LOL
Claude Giroux - Enters Free Agency
Kris Letang - Re-signs to 5x8M
Marc-André Fleury - Retires
Joe Pavelski - Enter Free Agency
Patrice Bergeron - Re-signs 1x8M
Johnny Gaudreau - Enters Free Agency
Alexander Radulov - Enters Free Agency
Filip Forsberg - Enters Free Agency
Aleksander Barkov - Resigns in FLA 7x10.5M
Dustin Brown - Re-signs in LA 1x3M
Tomas Hertl - Enters Free Agency
Colton Parayko - Re-Signs in St. Louis 7x9.25M
Mika Zibanejad - Enters Free Agency
Ryan Pulock - Re-signs 7x7.5M
Morgan Reilly - Enters Free Agency
Vinny Trocheck - Re-Signs 4x5M
Sean Couturier - Re-Signs 7x8M
John Klingberg - Re-Signs 6x8.5M

Malkin is the toughest one to read IMO. I ultimately have him signing back with the Pens but I would not be surprised to see them cut ties and opt to spend that money elsewhere with him.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Both PK Subban and Patrice Bergeron signs with Montreal.

Subban to finish his career with the team who drafted him, and to replace the man he was traded for.
Bergeron to play with Quebec's team and mentoring Suzuki and Kotkaniemi.

Both at league minimum obviously

(plz)
lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad