2022 NHL draft HOT TAKES thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
-Canucks will get into the top 5
-The Best Dman in this class wont be one of the first 5-7 Dmen Drafted
- Within 5 years we see that Wright and Slaf were wrongfully drafted ahead of Cooley.
- Brad Lambert has an 82 point season by the time he is 25.
- 4 out of the first 10 picked will be labeled a bust
- A team will win the Cup in the next 5-10 years with one of the Russian prospects
being an integral part of the team/Conn Smythe candidate. Said Russian Prospect will be drafted 4th round or later.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yzerman goes off the board at 8. This leads to much short-term second guessing...and much long-term hand wringing as the selection turns into a top-3 in a 5-year redraft.

And who does he pick? I won't even pretend to be certain about that one, but for purposes of this thread I'll go with Frank Nazar.

Reactions: Beerfish

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Jiricek ends up as the best player from this draft

Not a single goalie taken will play 100 games in the NHL

Shane Wright will be a good player
Has there been a worse looking goalie draft in recent memory? No top end talent and no depth. At least that is the way it looks now.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
Some team is going to take a disappointing player in the top 5, then win a cup a decade later, and then we'll all be subjected to stupid threads like "did team X pick the wrong player in 2022?" with dozens of replies saying "no, because they won, so nothing they ever did prior to this moment can be considered wrong".

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The best player will likely be drafted outside the top 5. The top 5 in this draft isn't strong enough to be them against the field like you can in a decent amount of other classes.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
The USNTDP has been ridiculously overrated this year whereas the Swedish trio of Ostlund, Ohgren and Lekkerimaki will all be seen as better players than the entire US team, save for Cooley who will be seen as equal to Ostlund and better than the other two.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Has there been a worse looking goalie draft in recent memory? No top end talent and no depth. At least that is the way it looks now.

I don't think so. Goalies are always tougher to project but I was curious and looked through the top 10 rated and I didn't see anything I like. Seems most of the scouts agree.

Course for all I know some random 6th rounder will be the next Hasek.

BavelPure

Aug 24, 2005
This draft year will end up being above average, with scouts more uncertain due to not having enough viewings in the missed year.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

The Puckhound

Jan 24, 2019
Korchinski ends up the best d-man for this class... Luca Del Bel Belluz improves on his skating and becomes a huge riser in redrafts

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
One in the trio of Wright, Savoie and Lambert becomes a superstar, borderline franchise level player.

Bichsel becomes the best or second best defenseman of the draft, not in terms of offense but in terms of overall value.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Looking forward to watching Dorion/Ottawa try to big brain the rest of the league by picking some random player and then say they had him way higher with that goofy smile of his. Man, sometimes Ottawa just can’t get out of their own way and it’s hilarious

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
People will argue about this draft for years. Some will call it an awful draft as several forwards disappoint, especially in comparison to the 2023 draft. Others will call it a fairly strong draft as many good defensemen and some 200 ft centers will emerge. Some team will win the Cup with at least two important pieces (maybe 2nd line center and a 2/3 D) from this draft and people will decide this would have been a good draft to grab guys that project to be really good complimentary pieces instead of looking for potential stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad