GDT: 2022 MLB Regular Season thread

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This Oller kid blows.

Though it sucks a clear strike 3 to Biggio called ball 4 is what got him pulled. He earned that call.

Last edited:

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Stumbled across the Sunday Night Baseball game with Kay-Rod for the first time. Love the format, banter and insight. Prefer that than having commentators -- let the game do the talking while they fill in with informative stuff. Really enjoying this. :thumbu:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i didn't know some teams are still doing remote broadcasts. i wonder if vasgersian is doing it because of his duties with MLB network?

either way, he's 10x better than the major homer the angels had calling games before him

SepticFish

Jul 14, 2005
i didn't know some teams are still doing remote broadcasts. i wonder if vasgersian is doing it because of his duties with MLB network?

either way, he's 10x better than the major homer the angels had calling games before him
Yeah, Vasgersian is living in New Jersey because of his MLB network commitments and planned on calling most games remotely from there with Gubizca in a Santa Monica studio. I didn't think it worked well last year, and somehow got even worse.

I don't know if his set up changed, but he was badly missing calls on top of the commentary being 3-5 seconds behind the action.

Vasgersian is a decent play by play guy, but definitely not worth all the hassle. I was a big fan of Victor Rojas. The Angels have had more than a few play by play guys in the 40 years I've been a fan and Victor was one of the better ones.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Houston handed out their 2021 ALCS Champions rings tonight. Is this a thing now for other teams or is this just Houston? Rings for second place?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Freeman hits his first Dodgers homer against the Braves. Of course he did.

As far as TV goes, with this Angels news, MASN (Orioles and Nationals) are the only ones now not travelling for any road games. I know the tweet called out Rogers but the Blue Jays TV guys were on the road for their first road series (strangely, their radio broadcast is still remote though). NESN is skipping some road series, which is an embarassment considering the money making machine the Red Sox are and the fact they are part owners of NESN.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
6 A’s added to the Covid DL. I thought this shit was done with by now, ffs.
what is MLB's covid policy now? are they still doing daily testing or are they only testing those with symptoms? and are they still quarantining those deemed close contacts?

quite a few MLB guys been going on covid protocol lately. guess that next wave is here

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00