I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nobody. pipeline getting thin.
and it's not going to get better anytime soon

v0EfPtf.png

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think he’s largely bored in Barrie. Yeah next year will look different because he’ll be in the AHL lol

If Oskar has a good camp I think there's a real chance he makes the team. Especially if they have to let Burakovsky go.

I think this year has served as a nice transition year to NA. If he just keeps scoring goals it'll be hard to keep him in the AHL. Especially with this team's injury problems which I don't expect to go away.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
So CAR has 10 prospects at the tournament!

And Brad Lambert (FIN) is the nephew of former Nords Lane Lambert.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh:

I just can't believe how little some here value what we got. They ain't got shit on Makar.

Maybe, maybe not. Makar certainly doesn't have some of the elements those two bring to the table, just like how they dont have some of what Makar brings.

Seider and Edvinsson are going to make up the leagues most dominant pairing for a decade or more I suspect. Both guys are huge, phenomenal skaters, both have real mean streaks to the way they play as well. Gonna be like playing against two Chris Pronger's on the ice for 25+ minutes a night when you play the Wings.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Maybe, maybe not. Makar certainly doesn't have some of the elements those two bring to the table, just like how they dont have some of what Makar brings.

Seider and Edvinsson are going to make up the leagues most dominant pairing for a decade or more I suspect. Both guys are huge, phenomenal skaters, both have real mean streaks to the way they play as well. Gonna be like playing against two Chris Pronger's on the ice for 25+ minutes a night when you play the Wings.
How about we don't proclaim someone as the 2nd coming of the most dominant defenseman this league has seen since Ray hanged them up?

Reactions: Alienblood

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I mean, I don’t know what those guys have done to be considered on Makar’s level. Even projecting on high-end potential, it seems like a fairly unlikely scenario.

But, yeah, the Wings defence is going to be good for a long time with what they have on the way. I don’t really feel any jealousy with what the Avs have going on, considering Byram is just as good as those Wings defenceman along with having Toews and G on the blue line.

Reactions: Alienblood

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean, I don’t know what those guys have done to be considered on Makar’s level. Even as a projection, it seems like a fairly unlikely scenario.

But, yeah, the Wings defence is going to be good for a long time with what they have on the way. I don’t really feel any jealousy with the Avs have going on, considering Byram is just as good as those Wings defenceman along with having Toews and G on the blue line.

They're going to be completely different Dmen, but I dont see how anyone who has watched any of Seider this year as a rookie can honestly think this. He's been utterly dominant at times.

He's not going to put up the offensive numbers Makar does, that's for sure. But his size, his defensive ability, his mean streak... They're all aspects of his game that basically make him a modern day Pronger if he all puts it together.

As for the 2nd part, I simply dont agree. Toews wont be here in a couple of years when Edvinsson and Seider are playing 25+ minutes a night together. Seider is clearly ahead of Byram as well IMO.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
They're going to be completely different Dmen, but I dont see how anyone who has watched any of Seider this year as a rookie can honestly think this. He's been utterly dominant at times.

He's not going to put up the offensive numbers Makar does, that's for sure. But his size, his defensive ability, his mean streak... They're all aspects of his game that basically make him a modern day Pronger if he all puts it together.

As for the 2nd part, I simply dont agree. Toews wont be here in a couple of years when Edvinsson and Seider are playing 25+ minutes a night together. Seider is clearly ahead of Byram as well IMO.

I think Seider is a slam dunk number one D for the next decade. I just believe Makar is, if not a generational defender, very close to it.

The numbers he’s putting up literally have never happened in the cap era, all while being damn good defensively, and possibly the best transition defenceman in hockey. Makar’s PPG is right next to Ray Bourque right now.

Byram was pretty special to start the year. His hype has pretty much gone to the sewers with his concussion issues, but the player I saw to start the year had top-5 defenceman in the NHL kind of potential. That being said, how he looks like with his health issues and what happens with that moving forward is a big wild card.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO

I'd be absolutely shocked if they reached that level, but it would be cool to see!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think Seider is a slam dunk number one D for the next decade. I just believe Makar is, if not a generational defender, very close to it.

The numbers he’s putting up literally have never happened in the cap era, all while being damn good defensively, and possibly the best transition defenceman in hockey. Makar’s PPG is right next to Ray Bourque right now.

Byram was pretty special to start the year. His hype has pretty much gone to the sewers with his concussion issues, but the player I saw to start the year had top-5 defenceman in the NHL kind of potential. That being said, how he looks like with his health issues and what happens with that moving forward is a big wild card.

I think pretty obviously on the Avs board we're going to overrate our player just like the Rangers overrate Fox.

Again, they're going to be different players. Makar will put up the better offensive numbers, but if Seider ends up a 60+ point Dman with his size, physicality, mean streak, and Defensive ability that's already top notch in the league... There's not going to be much separating him and Makar.

I really dont agree with Byram. I dont think he has anywhere close to Top 5 Dman upside. That's massively overrating who he is.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd be absolutely shocked if they reached that level, but it would be cool to see!

Edvinsson still has a ways to go for sure, his development this year has been crazy and he's dominating the Russians in this first WJC game but he still has to show he can transition this game to the NHL level, but Seider is a lot closer then people want to give him credit, especially on this board that has such an obsession with Makar, its like people literally take personal offense when any other Dman is mentioned besides Makar or Byram around here.

Seider is on pace for nearly 60 points this year, on a team that was supposed to be a bottom feeder in the fight for 1st overall and he is a major reason why they aren't in the basement. On top of everything else he brings to the table. He's already playing like a #1D in the league and he's only going to get better and better as he gets more confident in his size and his ability to bully players around in the NHL like he has in other leagues before.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Edvinsson still has a ways to go for sure, his development this year has been crazy and he's dominating the Russians in this first WJC game but he still has to show he can transition this game to the NHL level, but Seider is a lot closer then people want to give him credit, especially on this board that has such an obsession with Makar, its like people literally take personal offense when any other Dman is mentioned besides Makar or Byram around here.

Seider is on pace for nearly 60 points this year, on a team that was supposed to be a bottom feeder in the fight for 1st overall and he is a major reason why they aren't in the basement. On top of everything else he brings to the table. He's already playing like a #1D in the league and he's only going to get better and better as he gets more confident in his size and his ability to bully players around in the NHL like he has in other leagues before.
Seider is definitely looking great. Very smart, efficient player.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Yep, and at this point I'd completely trust Yzerman as well. There's a reason he took Seider and Edvinsson both at 6th overall.
Y for sure gets the benefit of the doubt, but that only goes so far. Impossible to hit on every draft pick, no matter how good you are and some of the onus is on the player. Right now, there's a huuuuge distance between where Edvinsson is and where you projected him (not that it's impossible). I mean hell, there's even a huge distance between that and where Seider is right now (but his trajectory is impressive and undeniably so, I wouldn't bet against him).

Edvinsson is doing nothing to make one think that he CAN'T get there so far, but it's a STEEP hill to climb.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Y for sure gets the benefit of the doubt, but that only goes so far. Impossible to hit on every draft pick, no matter how good you are and some of the onus is on the player. Right now, there's a huuuuge distance between where Edvinsson is and where you projected him (not that it's impossible). I mean hell, there's even a huge distance between that and where Seider is right now (but his trajectory is impressive and undeniably so, I wouldn't bet against him).

Edvinsson is doing nothing to make one think that he CAN'T get there so far, but it's a STEEP hill to climb.

For sure. Edvinsson has a steep hill to climb. Realistically I think he's going to be a little weaker then Seider. But I do think both guys are going to be Top pairing 25+ minute a night workhorses and with the size and skating they have, its going to be hell for teams to play against.

Also the Pronger comparison for Seider has been tossed around before by many people, I dont think its even being unreasonable for me to suggest it. Not that he's going to be a 1 for 1 replica of Pronger, but a modern day version of him is definitely in his upside.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Seider isn't even that big. I mean he's tall at 6"4 but he's not that heavy 194 pounds or so. He will grow some but he's not gonna be anywhere near Pronger size

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00