Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

rawraw

Jan 19, 2019
Sweden
Kasper is looking fantastic !
You could see the light turning on at the end of last season when he finished very strong.

Looks like he has taken yet another step. These are the progressions you want to see as a prospect develops.
Agreed, great to see this level of play from him, consistently. He’s gonna make some people look foolish with some of their funny claims lol.

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Marco Kasper with a bout last night against Colton Dach.

Why isn't he on the team already!?
Why? So he can get his face punched by even bigger guys?

He definitely lost that fight, sometimes I wonder what you guys are looking at. I'm glad he bulked up over the summer, but he's gonna need to add some more if he wants to play his style in the NHL.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Why? So he can get his face punched by even bigger guys?

He definitely lost that fight, sometimes I wonder what you guys are looking at. I'm glad he bulked up over the summer, but he's gonna need to add some more if he wants to play his style in the NHL.

I thought you were the guy who wants Copp bumped down to #4 C.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Copp is not going anywhere. Why are you guys wasting you time for this kind of hope?

Currently our Top6 sucks, and it has nothing to do with Copp.

Kasper could help out Top6, and it still has nothing to do with Copp.

People who will start and end their day by hating Andrew Copp, should get a real life.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nah
Compher is fine as a #3C . Bring the kid up for #2 job and see what happens. Let's go.
Kasper should be brought up to 2nd line LW and put Tarasenko to Veleno-line RW.

That's the real move to improve both Middle6-lines:

Cat - Larkin - Kane/Raymond
Kasper - Compher - Raymond/Kane
Berggren - Veleno - Tarasenko
Ras - Copp - Motte

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Nah

Kasper should be brought up to 2nd line LW and put Tarasenko to Veleno-line RW.

That's the real move to improve both Middle6-lines:

Cat - Larkin - Kane/Raymond
Kasper - Compher - Raymond/Kane
Berggren - Veleno - Tarasenko
Ras - Copp - Motte
I really like this lineup. I think Ray is ready to push and lead his own line. Kasper brings a great forecheck element to that line that frees up Ray to be in shooting lanes more. This is probably the top line matchup line as the 1st line isn't the greatest defensively.

Our 3rd line becomes a legit situational offensive line. Berg and Tank seemed to have good chemistry in the pre-season. I think setup also helps push Veleno whose inconsistency is a big part of the issues with his game.

4th line is our shut down line.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Good fight for Kasper, Guy was much bigger than him. Took some shots, gave a good one. Lost the fight maybe but held his own by most standards. I'm not sure we can call him a good fighter, just strong/tough. I don't foresee many fights, but idk if he'll never not fight either if that makes sense when he gets to the NHL.

Reactions: Winger98

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Good fight for Kasper, Guy was much bigger than him. Took some shots, gave a good one. Lost the fight maybe but held his own by most standards. I'm not sure we can call him a good fighter, just strong/tough. I don't foresee many fights, but idk if he'll never not fight either if that makes sense when he gets to the NHL.
He wasn't drafted in the top ten to fight. I like his sandpaper game but I want offense more than knuckle sandwiches..

Reactions: lilidk

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Kasper might at some point play wing, but more likely RW and probably not until some work is put in outside of NHL games that matter rather than immediately into the top six at a position he's never played AFAIK. So far the team has shown no indication that they want Marco/Nate to be anything but centers. Doesn't preclude them playing wing but it probably wouldn't happen until after they're up with the team full-time and there is opportunity or injury need to experiment a bit. Wings are not short of top nine LW candidates with Berggren and Ras Any line with Veleno at C is going to be fourth line in terms of usage.

Reactions: lilidk

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Hope Kasper doesn't turn into a Mantha looking for fights, getting hurt and out of action every other game. We need offense and time off ice will prolong his AHL career

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Hope Kasper doesn't turn into a Mantha looking for fights, getting hurt and out of action every other game. We need offense and time off ice will prolong his AHL career

Kasper is attitudinally the opposite of Mantha. Mantha has serious inconsistency issues and effort, maintaining intensity, commitment, and generally shied from contact. Then he went through that weird phase where he just got overtly reactionary and tried to be a tough guy. Honestly, I think it was trying to find ways to overcompensate for his lack of impact at times and was trying to live up to his size, etc.

One of Kasper's key traits is his insane compete level. The guy HATES to give up on a play, chases everything, finishes his checks and then some and what he loves to do is constantly needle guys (think Brad Marchand). He likes being irritating and instigating things but its most certainly more of play for him to throw his opponents of their game, and less trying to prove anything or compensate. Kasper is more a Bertuzzi than a Mantha.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

And it's good to see from both him and Danielson. Do we want them fighting all of the time? Of course not, but we don't want them shrinking away from it either. For everyone calling for Watson to do more, I still remember Yzerman getting his nose dirty from time to time and we were rocking Probert and Kocur on those rosters.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
And it's good to see from both him and Danielson. Do we want them fighting all of the time? Of course not, but we don't want them shrinking away from it either. For everyone calling for Watson to do more, I still remember Yzerman getting his nose dirty from time to time and we were rocking Probert and Kocur on those rosters.
Interesting juxtaposition, the two prospects fighting. Kasper was fine, he held his own, and the sandpaper he possesses indicates he would hold his own most of the time. Danielson though... got rag-dolled once that pushing and shoving match turned into something more. Yikes.

He definitely lost that fight, sometimes I wonder what you guys are looking at.
He didn't lose that fight lol. They both got a handful of swings in, may have connected slightly once or twice each, no blood, no knockouts, ended in a hug like most fights. That fight, like 90+% of hockey fights, was a draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad