Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If Detroit has something up their sleeve to move Berggren this week, Kasper will be in the lineup Thursday night. Nothing tells us that’s the case, but that’s what it came down to for Marco Kasper..

If Lombardi, Kasper, Danielson, MBN or Mazur made the team out of camp, it was likely going to have been at the expense of Berggren, and he did nothing to lose his spot.

If Berggren was still waiver exempt, Kasper would be opening up at 3C Thursday night and Berggren would be in Grand Rapids. So what comes around, goes around in a way.. And like I said, Berggren didn’t do anything to lose his spot. Kasper was just a much better 200’ player.

All we’re waiting for now, is when it happens. It certainly won’t hurt him playing another 20-40 games in the AHL as a top player. He started to be that around February last season and obviously had a really good summer with his strength and explosion.

My guess is, if a Top 9 player is injured, good bet Kasper is the player recalled. Especially if Berggren and/or Compher are struggling offensively. If those two get off to a bad start, we may see Marco anyway.

I’m also gonna wager, when he does come up, there’s a good chance he’ll work his way into the 2C spot pretty quickly, unless Compher is producing well. We seen the jump that line had when Kasper was the pivot. He’s gonna be a Top 6 C in the NHL.

There’s a lot to like in his game. I’ve always compared him to Erikkson-Ek in Minnesota and I’m gonna keep on that crusade until he’s played 100 NHL games.

The good thing is, he’s real close, and sometimes patience is worth it. It’s hard to argue how they over-marinated Edvinsson last year too. He walked right into carrying a Top 4 pairing in the NHL, those last 17-18 games. Something we’ve yet to see from the NJ kids, or Brandt Clarke in LA. All of those kids still need protection.

So there’s something to having patience with your kids. The crazy thing with Detroit is, they have a lot of kids on the same time-table. So they’re gonna start coming one after the other, over the next 6-24 months.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Remember after Danielson was drafted and everyone agreed he was trending to be 2C, relegating Kasper's future to 3C? How we feeling about that now, fam?

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Remember after Danielson was drafted and everyone agreed he was trending to be 2C, relegating Kasper's future to 3C? How we feeling about that now, fam?
I still like Danielson's upside more but Kasper was the better player in camp this year which should be expected.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
My expectation for the two of them has always been Zetterberg/Datsyuk or Yzerman/Fedorov 2.0 combo. Great high scoring, two way centers that win the Wings championships. 😜

It's a nice problem to have, who knows, maybe by this time next year Danielson looks better than Kasper and they just continue to leap frog each other every offseason.

Reactions: jaster

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well its up to the NHL team to have smaller roster if they want though.
But, yeah idk, think its good to have 6-7 matches to prepare for the new season as not playing full roster in all of them. Agree that it could be smaller rosters, but also some benefit of having more being given chances in training camp and getting a feel for how it is to be on the big team.
How are you gonna do that and play 2 games on the same day? Then 3 games B2B2B later in the same week? The schedule dictates the roster size, with most teams carry A & B teams.

Unlike the NFL, there's very little attendance. Just cut the number of games.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Nate's gonna be 4C like LFG, lol.

Seriously though, I bet he'll put up more points in GR than Marco did last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad