Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I really hope the Wings and MBN come to the conclusion that being on Danielson's wing in the AHL is what is best for his future and not back to the SHL.

The SHL is a really good league, too. I wouldn't be mad if he was back in Skelleftea but can see the benefit to him playing in the AHL since it's smaller ice.

Reactions: raymond23

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
I hope MBN stays in Sweden this year because as a Michigan resident, it is much easier for me to watch Skelleftea games than Grand Rapids games... obviously

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I know it might be a long shot, but I like the idea of him being available, if a rash of injuries strikes the big club.

By no means am I taking a shot at the SHL, lots of respect for that league.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kasper looks like he has way more offense than advertised.
He's bigger, faster, and creates more chances than I expected.... but offense?

How many goals has he scored? He can take 30 shots every game and not score if all he does is shove the puck towards the net. Watch his highlights, he never gets the puck off the ice, and NHL goaltenders are too good at protecting down low. Mazur appears to have the same issue, otherwise Marco would at least have a bunch of assists.

• Haha
Reactions: Pavels Dog

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's bigger, faster, and creates more chances than I expected.... but offense?

How many goals has he scored? He can take 30 shots every game and not score if all he does is shove the puck towards the net. Watch his highlights, he never gets the puck off the ice, and NHL goaltenders are too good at protecting down low. Mazur appears to have the same issue, otherwise Marco would at least have a bunch of assists.

Think Mazur is no problem. I've seen him sniping well, but most of his goals could be Holmström-styled whacking in front of the net or bounces from the ass. Just going there and fighting there.

Kasper... he really looks that, he tries too much by himself. Just start a bit more being a stupid junior kid, and maturing, more assisting, and he could become special. I think he decides a weak direct shot just too often, when royal road pass could create a easy-tap in for a linemate.

Think he should be matured with Patty Kane at some point, and then everything will change.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I know it might be a long shot, but I like the idea of him being available, if a rash of injuries strikes the big club.

By no means am I taking a shot at the SHL, lots of respect for that league.
I prefer not bouncing players around too much too early. Wings handled most of their prospects the right way since Yzerman stepped in, which is why I think the MBN treatment so far is a bit weird, it's more in line with how bad management on other clubs have handled their european prospects. Sending him to AHL when he keeps basically saying he wants to go to Skellefteå wouldn't be something I love.

How many goals has he scored?
It's not like he's been given PP looks or played with legit NHLers. Scoring is important but I'd wager Lalonde & Co. are more interested in the fact he's playing good defense, winning battles and faceoffs, and creating chances at 5v5 and 4v5. Lack of scoring is a bigger issue for a guy like Berggren who doesn't offer as much in other areas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad