Prospect Info: 2022 8OA, Marco Kasper

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I know I am team Danielson generally in the discussion, but in terms of the physical dimension brought to the line Kasper brings more of what they need for Ray and Larks.
I like them both so not really leaning one way or the other. If its close I lean Kasper also because hes got some pro experience under his belt compared to Danielson.

I would honestly just let the competition play out between the 2 of them and whoever looks better (as long as they both look legit), start them there. Nate Dawg is gonna have his hands full trying to make the team if Kasper keeps playing the way he did last night though.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I like them both so not really leaning one way or the other. If its close I lean Kasper also because hes got some pro experience under his belt compared to Danielson.

I would honestly just let the competition play out between the 2 of them and whoever looks better (as long as they both look legit), start them there. Nate Dawg is gonna have his hands full trying to make the team if Kasper keeps playing the way he did last night though.
Danielson intrigues me for always keeping a strong handed draw option on the ice. I really like the teams that do that strategy wise.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Danielson intrigues me for always keeping a strong handed draw option on the ice. I really like the teams that do that strategy wise.
Its a nice plus I guess, but its really not something I would be considering too much in which 20 year old should be making the team. And honestly, a rookie on his strong side still might not really be all that great compared to an NHL vet on his off hand anyways.

Having Kasper and Larkin chasing the puck down on the forecheck and getting it to Raymond is really intriguing to me. I also like how that allows Cat and Kane to play together down a line and have Tank as a scoring threat on the third line/rested for the powerplay

Reactions: jkutswings

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Its a nice plus I guess, but its really not something I would be considering too much in which 20 year old should be making the team. And honestly, a rookie on his strong side still might not really be all that great compared to an NHL vet on his off hand anyways.

Having Kasper and Larkin chasing the puck down on the forecheck and getting it to Raymond is really intriguing to me. I also like how that allows Cat and Kane to play together down a line and have Tank as a scoring threat on the third line/rested for the powerplay

Kasper - Larkin - Raymond
DBC - Danielson - Kane
Berggren - Compher - Tank
Ras - Copp - Mazur

That's a forward lineup I'm perfectly OK with right now.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I know I am team Danielson generally in the discussion, but in terms of the physical dimension brought to the line Kasper brings more of what they need for Ray and Larks.

Yeah, this sounds reasonable when I just called this "Perron-effect replacement" today for the first line. I never thought it could be KAsper at this point, but some day it could be.

Could think they'll try Rasmussen first and Lalonde will get the hate again.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

It's unfortunate if bringing only one of them up is the only option under consideration. If Kasper and Danielson are currently better than 2 of Veleno, Fischer, Motte, or Copp, then they should both be on the team. The cream should rise to the top. Not to mention Holl taking up a valuable roster spot too.

I hope they send down Holl and Fischer/Motte and keep both Danielson and Kasper in the NHL. The latter 2 should get as many games in as they can, with Veleno, Copp and whichever one of Fischer/Motte stays up splitting the games for the other remaining spots.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
It's unfortunate if bringing only one of them up is the only option under consideration. If Kasper and Danielson are currently better than 2 of Veleno, Fischer, Motte, or Copp, then they should both be on the team. The cream should rise to the top. Not to mention Holl taking up a valuable roster spot too.

I hope they send down Holl and Fischer/Motte and keep both Danielson and Kasper in the NHL. The latter 2 should get as many games in as they can, with Veleno, Copp and whichever one of Fischer/Motte stays up splitting the games for the other remaining spots.
Have a feeling neither will make opening night roster and I don’t mind it.

After one preseason game, both players have played well (big emphasis on one preseason game though!!).

I don’t think either have done enough thus far to knock somebody on the current roster off of it.

Still lots of preseason/evaluation left before the year starts, but I also wouldn’t want them to make the team, just for the sake of making the team. Danielson has to be in a top 6 position for it to be worthwhile. Kasper arguably can grind out a spot in the bottom half of the line up, but I don’t want him to develop as a grinder. Would be nice for him to be an offensive contributor with solid defensive instincts, hence why playing as a first line forward in GR probably serves him best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad